Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Can't Get To Old Site — Parallax Forums

Can't Get To Old Site

I can't get to the old site anymore. www1.parallax.com is getting redirected to www.parallax.com. Suggestions?

Comments

• The old site has been retired. Was there any specific content you were looking for?

• Yeah. I'm doing my end of year inventory check and I'm running into several parts I need documentation on:

(1) 28018 Sensirion Temp/Humidity Sensor
    (2) 29133 Compass Module 3-Axis HMC5883L

I could use other sources. I just liked using the old site first.

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2022-12-20 04:03

Parallax should always keep documentation online and indexable for discontinued products! It's not just a convenience; it's a sacred duty.

-Phil

• Francis BauerFrancis Bauer Posts: 353
    edited 2022-12-20 08:56

This is where the Wayback machine (aka Internet Archive) can help in recovering/finding items from older/discontinued websites.
    Note: You can also find some items from the past (mostly code) in the P1 or P2 repository on Github.

I had some of the documentation/information/code for both the 28018 and 29133 modules locally on my drives. For the pieces I didn't have for the 28018 (Sensirion Sensors), I was able to find them on the Wayback machine from a 2007 archive.

I've attached two zip files containing all the files for the 28018 and 29133 that I have/found.
    Open the 28018 Sensirion zip file to find the folder with documentation files I got from the Wayback machine.

P.S. If any of us used or will use the Internet Archive in the future, please make a donation to them to ensure that it continues to provide us all a safety net when trying to find old websites/files...

• Thanks @""Francis Bauer".

As another option for anyone searching for docs, feel free to e-mail support@parallax.com.
    Probably won't be as fast as a Wayback machine search, but we try to respond within a day.