Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
My C3 just died - anyone have one they want to sell? — Parallax Forums

My C3 just died - anyone have one they want to sell?

I use my C3 so much (it is my favorite Propeller 1 testing platform) that the USB connector just fell off :(

My soldering skills are not up to replacing it, so if anyone has one they want to sell, let me know and I'll send you the money plus postage to Australia!

Thanks,

Ross.

Comments

• MicksterMickster Posts: 2,609
    edited 2022-10-15 08:12

No response so: paging @Coley

It has been a few years but Graham had one that was surplus-to-requirements :smile:

Craig

• frank freedmanfrank freedman Posts: 1,975
    edited 2022-10-15 09:39

See messages... And yeah, repair is not gonna be the easiest job.

• RossHRossH Posts: 5,344

@"frank freedman" said:
    See messages... And yeah, repair is not gonna be the easiest job.

Message sent!

• ColeyColey Posts: 1,108

@Mickster said:
    No response so: paging @Coley

It has been a few years but Graham had one that was surplus-to-requirements :smile:

Craig

I do have one that is gathering dust, happy to pass it on to RossH ;-)

Send me a message if you want it.

I have sourced a replacement C3.

Thanks to all who responded!

Ross.

• I have a C3 and looking at the USB connector, it would be a little hard but not too bad. If I did it, I would probably remove the components around it which can be tedious.

But, being in Australia, you might want to lookup a YouTuber called BranchusCreations.

https://www.youtube.com/c/BranchusCreations

He does a lot of Mac repairs with tons of SMD soldering and is quite good. Perhaps he could help you fix your old one. I would hate to see it go to the scrapheap because of a missing USB plug.

BTW, this is a prime example of why I prefer THC. Especially for things that get a lot of physical abuse like connectors.

@cbmeeks

Thanks for the suggestions. Frank and I have swapped C3's - he may have a go at repairing it. I agree it would be a shame to just bin it. If it was me (and I was 40 years younger!) I'd probably not try to replace the USB plug at all - I'd solder a 4-wire connector to the board and then connect the USB plug to that.

Ross.