Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Interesting google results from learn.parallax.com — Parallax Forums

Interesting google results from learn.parallax.com

Try searching "shootout site:parallax.com" (I was trying to find this thread, which for some reason wasn't in the results at all (I am sure it used to be))

Clicking these links redirects to some sort of shopping site, but copying the link and pasting it into the address bar begets the expected 404 from the parallax site. How curious.

Comments

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,126
    edited 2022-10-14 14:39

Me clicking on the link (actually four different links of learn.parallax.com in my case) went to a Parallax "page not found" banner. But then I'm using Firefox with scripting disabled. I think Firefox has a de-tracking feature of Google's links for a while now.

• For me it also does the redirect in Firefox, but I have that at default settings, so idk.

Didn't know Parallax was getting into the shoe business... Do they sell them in pairs of 8?

edited 2022-10-14 14:57

Well, I also use uBlock Origin, NoScript, Ghostery, and Privacy Badger plugins all stacked on top. So maybe one of those are doing something to fix the links.

PS: I don't actually disable scripting in Firefox itself. The plugins do it.

• uBlock and NoScript actually conflict in some cases (i.e. triggers some anti-adblock measures that uBlock alone is able to bypass), so I'm no longer using the latter on my main browser (that being Vivaldi)

edited 2022-10-14 15:36

My attitude is if the website fails then I stop participating.

• At a parsing glance, looks like the learn site was misappropriated at some stage, and Google scrapped it at that moment. No doubt those links will drop off the Google search over time.

Heads-up for @"Jim Ewald" in-case he's not aware.

• Wuerfel_21,

I prefer to use Yahoo because Google and Bing list too much garbage.

• This is a straight up http 302 redirect being served by Apache.

• Just saying, this still happens.

• shootout site: forums.parallax.com goes straight to it for me (Google).

• I guess that's a workaround, but Parallax should probably fix what I'd presume to be some sort of hack.

• I can be a bit slow :lol: and it only just dawned on me to bookmark the OBEX github.

How many thousands of clicks have I used, looking for the Parallax link :neutral: