Artemis 1 Launch Live

PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
edited 2022-08-29 12:46 in General Discussion

On NASA TV

https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/#public

Seems to be a delay at this time.

UPDATE: Today's launch has been scrubbed. :(

Comments

• I was just there recently, I do some work there at NASA. You never know with a launch, you could travel there to watch it and it gets scrubbed at the last seconds.

• Friday is the next window.

• That's powerful rocket, gonna be a window shaker

• @Publison said:
    Friday is the next window.

It was. Now it is sometime on Saturday.

And this message is sponsored by the foundation for furry mascots. (Now over eight thousand in number.)

• Lucky me... I live in Daytona Beach, about 60 miles North of the Cape.
    Believe me, This Moon rocket will light up the horizon and thump your lungs.

I have seen hundreds of rocket launches literally from my back yard - This time I will go to the Beach to watch.

• What's cool about the rocket is that the fuel is non-polluting: just water vapor -- well unless there are traces of hydrogen peroxide.

-Phil

• Update:

Liftoff is scheduled to occur during a two-hour window that opens Saturday at 2:17 p.m. EDT (1817 GMT).

• @"Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)" said:
    What's cool about the rocket is that the fuel is non-polluting: just water vapor -- well unless there are traces of hydrogen peroxide.

-Phil

Almost. I think the solid boosters are pretty polluting.

• The boosters are PBAN and ammonium perchlorate. Not exactly “green”, but a huge step forward from the RFNA days!

• Looks like a leak delayed play today.

• Bummer :(
    Let Space X take care of these rockets. They seem to have a good reputation of a few launches. :)

• Boeing being Boeing again. And no doubt, their recommendation will be to take it back and take it all apart. And oh, their pipe welder is currently busy on another project and besides the quick disconnect fittings are a 30 week lead time plus shipping, this is the best we can do I swear.

... I'm probably projecting my experiences onto the situation, but that's my gut feeling. I too hoped this would go smoothly, and don't want to see it crash.

The USA used to just get 'er done. I mean, what, the affected pipe filling section has to last 6 hours tops and there are upstream emergency shutoffs and leak detectors on a hair trigger already stopping it anyway. Field fix, go, then redesign and fix the pipe permanently.