Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Nice article about the SX by our friend Al Willams — Parallax Forums

Nice article about the SX by our friend Al Willams

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2022-08-19 23:07

I'm glad that someone, in the comments, pointed out that Chip designed the SX for Scenix.

I used the SX a lot in the past. Keeping it cool in a tight enclosure was my biggest challenge. Heat sinks were a must. AFAIK, one of my SX designs is still chugging away at a secure location in an eastern European capital. Such an interesting, totally engaging, fun project! Wish I could talk more about it!

-Phil

• @"Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)" said:
    I'm glad that someone, in the comments, pointed out that Chip designed the SX for Scenix.

I used the SX a lot in the past. Keeping it cool in a tight enclosure was my biggest challenge. Heat sinks were a must. AFAIK, one of my SX designs is still chugging away at a secure location in an eastern European capital. Such an interesting, totally engaging, fun project! Wish I could talk more about it!

-Phil

Actually @"Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)" you don't need to. Just the fact that you, yourself did it, and you did say you did it here, is enough.

Although the big kicker was someone confusing the Prop (both of them) with the SX family members. And someone other than I reminded him of the obvious differences.

And I believe I have a few BS2SX designs, that is devices, here, I've just not figured out what to do with them.

• @"Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)" said:

-Phil

REALLY? How did I not know this? Did he specify it, or did he outright design it?

• There seems to be a few pieces of history left out of the current "Our Story" timeline at Parallax ... I had to use the WayBack machine to go to 2004 to look at what Parallax's website looked like back then. Under "Company-->The History of Parallax" I found ...

1998 - "Parallax forms partnership with Scenix Semiconductor (Ubicom) to develop tools and BASIC Stamps using their new SX microcontrollers."