Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New P2 .spin2 driver for eINK adapter Click board™ — Parallax Forums

New P2 .spin2 driver for eINK adapter Click board™

Stephen MoracoStephen Moraco Posts: 303
edited 2022-06-12 20:55 in Propeller 2

New eInk display driver!

Version 0.9.0

This is the first community release of a NEW eInk adapter Click board™ driver for the P2.

This is a .spin2 port from the Mikroe C examples and a merge of the support for 4 devices. Meaning this .spin2 driver is intended to support all 4 eInk display geometries. [1.54" square, and 2.00", 2.13" and 2.90" rectangular]

Additions capabilities in this driver (over the code ported)

• Set background color
  • Set region background color
  • Show bitmap in region as color w/rotation
  • Draw line, box, circle
  • Supports 1.54" square, 2.00" (older), 2.13" and 2.90" rectangular eInk displays

Visit the P2-Click-eInk project repository for much more detail.

The code can be downloaded currently from the releases page.

If you find code that you believe is not working correctly then please file an issue at my github repository issues page

What's next? Hardware is on the way so I'll be testing with 4 eInk displays to ensure the driver is working well. Currently, it works well with the combo display and board set from Parallax. The other eInk display sizes can be ordered from Mikroe.com while the 2.00" display is found at mouser.com. See the Repo doc's page for links to ordering these sizes.

Enjoy!

Stephen

Comments

• NEWS as just seen in our live forum...

I've just released v0.9.1 of the eINK spin2 driver. The changes are:

Completed the code for the square 1.54" display and the rectangular 2.13", and 2.90" displays

• Three displays now working well
    • Demo and repo now feature display-specific P2 Logo screen

Known Issues w/v0.9.1

• The 2.00" display is not yet working!

• The hardware for 2.00" display just arrived... now I have to test it and adapt the code to it
    • I'm sure there are more issues...

If you find code that you believe is not working correctly (yes, you may find some...) then please file an issue at my github repository issues page. Feel free to request features at this same page

We can discuss issues with the use of these displays or this driver here in this thread.

What's next?
    I'll be adding font-related features and finishing support for the 2.00" display

Enjoy!

Stephen

• Stephen MoracoStephen Moraco Posts: 303
    edited 2022-06-20 21:27

NEWS

I've just released v0.9.2 of the eINK spin2 driver. The changes are:

Completes code for 2.00" rectangular display (EA-EPA20-A from Mouser)

• Adds support for EA-EPA20-A, 2.00" display which supports 4-levels of grayscale
    • All four displays now working well

Known Issues w/v0.9.2

• Nothing found... so far...
    • I'm sure there are more issues...

If you find code that you believe is not working correctly (yes, you may find some...) then please file an issue at my Github repository issues page. Feel free to request features at this same page

We can discuss issues with the use of these displays or this driver here in this thread.

What's next?
    Have font system and screen orientation support enhancements I'd like to make.

Enjoy!

Stephen