Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
JonnyMac's P2 Edge Module Breadboard — Parallax Forums

JonnyMac's P2 Edge Module Breadboard

A number of P2 Edge modules have been released since JonnyMac's P2 Edge Breadboard. Are the new P2 Edge modules still compatible with Jon's board?

Comments

• FTR... I only suggested that product. Parallax designed and manufactures it.

• @"David Betz" said:
    A number of P2 Edge modules have been released since JonnyMac's P2 Edge Breadboard. Are the new P2 Edge modules still compatible with Jon's board?

Yes.

Top priority is maintaining compatibility with all modules, breakouts and accessories.

• One thing to note about the breakout boards that have 5V outputs at the accessory header pins. ie. 64019 "Mini" and 64020 "JonnyMac".
    Those 5V pins are fed directly from VIN.

Thus it's recommended to power the breakout boards at 5V, even if the newer P2 Edge modules will work at higher voltages. (Because all accessories Parallax made that need 5V; they expect 5V and no more. USB-host and HDMI accessories come to mind.)

In the case of the JonnyMac, there are two jumpers (top and bottom rails) that allow the 5V output to be disabled. ie. you could do that if you wanted to run at a higher voltage.

That's the only potential gotcha that might be missed, so just sharing in-case that saves some time / moments of madness!

• @JonnyMac said:
    FTR... I only suggested that product. Parallax designed and manufactures it.

Well, mine has your signature on the back so I figured you had something to do with it!

Anyway, I'm glad to hear it will work with the newest P2 Edge module should I decide to upgrade.