Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Raspberry Pi shield — Parallax Forums

Raspberry Pi shield

I seem to recall that someone used to sell a Raspberry Pi shield with a P1 chip that plugs into the expansion port on a Raspberry Pi. In fact, I have one. I'd like to buy another though and I'd like one that doesn't have the connector installed. My idea is to use it to replace the Raspberry Pi in a PiDP-8i. The PiDP-8i is itself a Raspberry Pi shield but it seems like I should be able to solder male headers onto a Raspberry Pi shield and use it to replace the Pi.

Comments

• Ugh. Never mind. I found my Propeller Hat and it doesn't use a through hole header so it wouldn't be possible to solder in a male header instead of a female one. I'll have to layout a new board.

• Didn't Pimoroni make one that had a through hole header? I vaguely remembering having to solder header pins onto it.

• @pmrobert said:
    Didn't Pimoroni make one that had a through hole header? I vaguely remembering having to solder header pins onto it.

The Pimoroni Propeller Hat (#32230) is the one I have.

It came with the GPIO Pi header already soldered on the board. You could solder in the other SIP headers.

• Someone had fun doing the silkscreen.

• @Genetix said:
    Someone had fun doing the silkscreen.

Yes! That's the one!