Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P8X32A — Parallax Forums

P8X32A

exit8exit8 Posts: 5
edited 2022-02-20 04:30 in Propeller 1

I have two P8X32A I bought at Radio Shack many years ago.

Are there any tutorials for it?

Where can I download an IDE for it?

EDIT: I have the QuickStart boards. I should have been more clear.

Comments

• tomcrawfordtomcrawford Posts: 1,126
    edited 2022-02-17 22:52

Go to the parallax store and look up Propeller 1.

• You have a choice of IDE's -- will depend on the language you want to use

Have a look around the forums -- you'll find lots of information to help get you started.

• Terrific.
    Thanks!

I will start with SimpleIDE and see how I do. :)

• JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,912
    edited 2022-02-18 02:24

If C is your thing, you might consider FlexProp. it's an easy install and has a very big user base here in the forums. I'm a Spin guy myself, but do keep a copy of FlexProp handy for testing when I'm going to present code on behalf of Parallax.

If you do go the SimpleIDE route, Parallax does have tutorials on their site somewhere -- though there use Propeller Activity Board.

• MicksterMickster Posts: 2,588
    edited 2022-02-18 10:38
  • @exit8 said:

Did you purchase a Propeller Education Kit with a DIP Propeller or did you purchase QuickStart boards?

I tried to list a variety of QuickStart projects in this thread.

I also listed some tutorials in this post. I'm afraid many of the links are broken but let us know if there's a particular tutorial you'd like to see and hopeful someone here can help you find it.

• @JonnyMac said:
    If C is your thing, you might consider FlexProp. it's an easy install and has a very big user base here in the forums. I'm a Spin guy myself, but do keep a copy of FlexProp handy for testing when I'm going to present code on behalf of Parallax.

If you do go the SimpleIDE route, Parallax does have tutorials on their site somewhere -- though there use Propeller Activity Board.

I installed SimpleIDE and I was able get it working.
    I do want to stick with C mainly because I want to re-learn C.
    Thanks.

• @Mickster said:

>

Thanks.

• @"Duane Degn" said:

@exit8 said:

Did you purchase a Propeller Education Kit with a DIP Propeller or did you purchase QuickStart boards?

I tried to list a variety of QuickStart projects in this thread.

I also listed some tutorials in this post. I'm afraid many of the links are broken but let us know if there's a particular tutorial you'd like to see and hopeful someone here can help you find it.

I just have the QuickStart boards.

I am trying to figure out what I can do with the QuickStart board and do it by programing in C.