Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Require a unique name? — Parallax Forums

Require a unique name?

msiriwardenamsiriwardena Posts: 301
edited 2021-12-28 13:39 in Propeller 2

@ jonnymac

Iwas playing with sony IR code and everytime I try to
run the demo codes "Require a unique" name window appears.
It points to the fullduplexserial onbject and the only way to
run demo is to modify the "pub fdec to fdec1 "

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thank you.
Attached is a screen shot of the issue

siri

Comments

• pik33pik33 Posts: 2,350
    edited 2021-12-28 16:11

Renaming the method or finding the offending name somewhere else in the code and rename this another object is the only way to resolve the problem in Propeller Tool.

• The problem is that PropellerTool & PNut have recently added the fdec method, which was already used in JonnyMac's library. JonnyMac has now changed that method name to "fxdec" to comply with the changes in Parallax's compiler. You need to get the latest version of jm_fullduplexserial.spin2. You can get a copy of that updated library inside the code-12 (nextion-2).zip file (actually inside the zipped files inside the package) within this post: https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/comment/1531406/#Comment_1531406

dgately

• JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,927
    edited 2021-12-28 19:57

@msiriwardena: (repeating what Dennis posted above)... The latest version of my libraries is included in the archives. In fact, Propeller Tool will not create an archive if there is a syntax error. That is to say that you have my latest libraries, you just haven't saved them to your Library folder.

Take these steps
    -- use the latest version of jm_fullduplexserial.spin2
    -- change fdec() to fxdec() in the application code.

As I am posting video links and archives in your other thread, I will adjust things as required (e.g., I changed PU_NONE to PU_EXT in the I2C library).