Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Has anyone successfully interfaced the Propeller Activity Board to a RoboClaw Motor Controller? — Parallax Forums

Has anyone successfully interfaced the Propeller Activity Board to a RoboClaw Motor Controller?

Hi All,

Since the DHB-10 Motor Controller is obsolete and no longer available, how about using a RoboClaw Motor Controller in place of the DHB-10?

So as not to reinvent the wheel unless it is absolutely necessary, has anyone successfully interfaced a Propeller Activity Board WX to a RoboClaw Motor Controller?

Regards,
TCIII

Comments

• The Propeller Activity Board should be able to control just about any motor controller available.

I think the RoboClaw accepts servo style PWM signals like the DHB-10 and the older HB-25.

There are lots of possible motor control options to use with an Arlo style robot. I've used the DHB-10, a pair of HB-25 controllers, and dual MC33926 board. (The link is to the Parallax store but the board is available elsewhere (Pololu) at a lower price.)

Whichever motor control solution you select, I could probably help you with Spin software to control it. I've spent a lot of time modifying Arlo Spin code for a variety of motor control solutions.