Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Prop Backpack replacement question — Parallax Forums

Prop Backpack replacement question

Hello!
This is a rather interesting one in that it falls into the BASIC Stamp category and the Propeller 1 category as well.

For the Stamp one, "Are there plans to produce a replacement device for this one? And if the answer is no the company won't be doing that." then please see the Prop 1 one,

For the Prop 1, is it possible to setup say a Prop Mini to work as a replacement device for the functions normally performed by the Prop Backpack? Although in studying the schematic I can see that the Prop Project Board might be a better fit, but I am open to suggestions.

Ken? Chip? What's involved in spinning up a new run of these Prop Backpacks?

Mascot present.

Comments

• I am the designer of the Backpack. You could try reproducing the Backpack's circuitry using the schematic provided with its documentation, along with one of Parallax's other Propeller modules. However, the success of the Backpack in certain applications may rely upon the physical closeness of the Backpack's passive analog circuitry to the Propeller's pins, which those modules cannot provide. So your results may vary from those of the actual Backpack module.

AFAIK, there are no plans to resurrect the actual Backpack product.

-Phil

• @"Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)" said:
    I am the designer of the Backpack. You could try reproducing the Backpack's circuitry using the schematic provided with its documentation, along with one of Parallax's other Propeller modules. However, the success of the Backpack in certain applications may rely upon the physical closeness of the Backpack's passive analog circuitry to the Propeller's pins, which those modules cannot provide. So your results may vary from those of the actual Backpack module.

AFAIK, there are no plans to resurrect the actual Backpack product.

-Phil

Of course, @"Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)" I understand. In fact I'll all of that.