Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Tachyon Forth for the RISC-V microcontroller in the works — Parallax Forums

Tachyon Forth for the RISC-V microcontroller in the works

I've just noticed on the Tachyon Sourceforge page that @"Peter Jakacki" has started to work on the Tachyon Forth for the GD32VF103CBT6 Risc-V micro that could possibly make an excellent companion chip for the P2 (and also the P1) in the future that could handle the usb/uart interface, support boot process nad many more.

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069

@Maciek said:
    I've just noticed on the Tachyon Sourceforge page that @"Peter Jakacki" has started to work on the Tachyon Forth for the GD32VF103CBT6 Risc-V micro that could possibly make an excellent companion chip for the P2 (and also the P1) in the future that could handle the usb/uart interface, support boot process nad many more.

Not likely any time soon. Peter informs me there’s currently no RiscV chips readily available for now :(

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069

No use if you cannot buy chips!

• @Cluso99 said:
    No use if you cannot buy chips!

I disagree. Now is the best time for the slow paced development.
    There might not be chips available NOW, but that will surely change sooner rather than later. Do not forget that RISC-V based chips portfolio is growing (esp32 has a version too) and there are others as well.

• I think I remember @ersmith wrote a just in time compiler/emulator for RISC-V so he could use GCC for RISC-V to compile Micro-Python for the P2.

Enjoy!

Mike