Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
"Super Speed USB Port Over-Current Detected" - Trying to Reset QuickStart to Factory Settings — Parallax Forums

"Super Speed USB Port Over-Current Detected" - Trying to Reset QuickStart to Factory Settings

Is there a way to externally reset a Propeller QuickStart to factory settings?

The code I was working on appears to be drawing way too much power from the computer's USB port and it is shutting down the serial port with the above error message on Windows.

The Propeller Tool is unable to detect any connected serial ports and the computer keeps throwing up the error and trying to immediately disconnect the board. As such, I cannot communicate with the board to change the code.

The code, however seems to work fine when connected to an external USB power bank.

Comments

• I would suggest purchasing an external powered USB hub to see if that fixes that problem. Your PC's USB port may be damaged. Do you have more than one USB port?

• Some of those USB hubs don't work that well, you have to get a good one. I used one while transmitting serial from the prop over the USB and I'd get glitchs with the HUB, changed brand of HUB's and the glitches went away

• I tried multiple USB ports on the computer and they kept spitting out the same error message and suggesting to switch to a different port. They appear to work fine with other things like flash drives.

I was able to get a powered USB hub and it allowed me to connect without disconnecting so I could change and upload the code.

• @Upgrade said:
    I tried multiple USB ports on the computer and they kept spitting out the same error message and suggesting to switch to a different port. They appear to work fine with other things like flash drives.

I was able to get a powered USB hub and it allowed me to connect without disconnecting so I could change and upload the code.

Can we call the problem solved?

• Yes, the workaround worked.