Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 PASM PropellerTool OBJ include? — Parallax Forums

P2 PASM PropellerTool OBJ include?

How do I tell the "coginit #16, ##@NEWCOG" in a pure PASM project that "NEWCOG" is in another file?

The integration in Propellertool with "OBJ" does not seem to work.

Comments

• I don't think that's possible: a pure PASM project in propellertool must all be in the same file.

(In flexspin you can use #include, but that isn't implemented in PNut/propellertool.)

• That is annoying.

So I can only integrate pre-compiled binary files into the project via the file function.

Let's see when the first pure P2 assembler appears. :)

• AribaAriba Posts: 2,682

@pic18f2550 said:

End of year 2015 I would say:
    https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/162962/qasm-a-p2-assembler-written-in-c#latest

This has evolved into P2ASM which is used in FlexProp now.

• @Ariba said:

@pic18f2550 said:

End of year 2015 I would say:
    https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/162962/qasm-a-p2-assembler-written-in-c#latest

This has evolved into P2ASM which is used in FlexProp now.

No, p2asm, PNut, and flexspin are all independent assemblers (and so they're useful for checking each other :)). You may be thinking of loadp2, another of Dave Hein's tools which I did adopt in FlexProp.

• AribaAriba Posts: 2,682

@ersmith said:
    No, p2asm, PNut, and flexspin are all independent assemblers (and so they're useful for checking each other :)). You may be thinking of loadp2, another of Dave Hein's tools which I did adopt in FlexProp.

Oh, sorry then, Eric. So Flexprop uses its own Assembler.
    I think it's the GCC hack for P2 that uses P2ASM. Anyway I'm pretty sure you can use P2ASM as a standalone assembler for P2, or just use FlexProp with its preprocessor capabilities for pure PASM2 code.