Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 Datasheet Progress - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

P2 Datasheet Progress

13»

Comments

• cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133

@evanh said:
    Chip,
    The new "B" bit-field naming kind of conflicts with the existing %BBBB input select. How about "C"? Short for custom pad-ring.

I might fix that later. I agree. It just takes a lot of time to modify, re-straighten, and re-output these images.

• cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133

@evanh said:
    Oh, okay, I think I see what you've done. You've hidden the signal path duplication of two actual parallel flops.

Yes, and tricky about the set inversion too, those mode specific cases again. The DAC data bits take away the other options.

Right. I didn't really think about it when I made the schematic, only about what the equivalent was.

I struggled for a long time trying to think of how to present the overall pin schematic, but then realized that I only needed to show an effective schematic for each mode. That simplified the heck out of the effort and is way better, anyway. No need to have the customer try to make sense of a bunch of mux's and random logic.

• Maybe it's just me (It's just me) but I come up from AVRs where 'out' and 'in' mean "What the pin is doing". I'd like to see "From Cog" and "To Cog" instead. S.

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,126
    edited 2021-05-21 22:46

@Scroungre said:
    I'd like to see "From Cog" and "To Cog" instead. S.

That makes sense in another way too; since the Cog's IN, OUT and DIR are not directly connected to those custom pad-ring controls. In between, there is a bunch of glue logic, and staging flops, at both the hub and smartpins.

EDIT: "From smartpin" and "To smartpin" would work too, since that's the next stop.