Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Serial Line Follower Kit (#45203) — Parallax Forums

Serial Line Follower Kit (#45203)

Ed StennieEd Stennie Posts: 18
edited 2005-10-11 21:05 in BASIC Stamp
I purchased this kit at one of your EBAY sales and was surprised to learn that I need a sx-key in order to program it before it could be used.· Is this true or is a basic program that is able to report sensor status to the Basic Stamp control board already loaded on the SX28?

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-10-11 19:01
    The idea behind that kit was to give you a start and let you modify the code for advanced use, so yes, you need an SX-Key to program it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • Ed StennieEd Stennie Posts: 18
    edited 2005-10-11 19:11
    Thanks for your reply Jon.· I'm home schooling my daughter and not ready to make the investment in a SX basic tool kit.· Is there any way that I can return the chip to Parallax to get the SLF control program put on the chip?
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 1,023
    edited 2005-10-11 19:32
    Ed,

If Parallax can't program it for you (and I don't blame them if they can't), I'd be happy to program it for you. Contact me off list if you need to.

Jonathan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.madlabs.info - Home of the Hydrogen Fuel Cell Robot
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-10-11 19:45
    If you want to do that for Ed, that would be great.· I've attached the original SRC file, as well as the updated SX/B file (requires version 1.42) in case you'd like to do that.· Note that I updated the code, but won't be able to test it for a couple days.

Edit: I looked at the [noparse][[/noparse]SX/B] program again and found more areas for improvement - new SX/B attached.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax

Post Edited (Jon Williams (Parallax)) : 10/11/2005 9:50:42 PM GMT
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 1,023
    edited 2005-10-11 20:45
    Jon, Ed,

No problem. Dl'd the code, so Ed, let me know if I can help.

Jonathan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.madlabs.info - Home of the Hydrogen Fuel Cell Robot
  • Ed StennieEd Stennie Posts: 18
    edited 2005-10-11 21:05
    Thanks Johnathan for your kind offer but Parallax has offered to help.· I think their response shows why they are second to none in the educational product industry.
  • anyone have any documentation on the Older 2004 version serial line follower #45203.
    I have the board but no documents. I put it away in a box with other SX stuff from 2004.
    Now that I'm retired, I have time to play with it.
    I Did find reference above to code src.
    Would like schematic or description of how it works before I dig into the code to figure it out.
    will probably interface to it from another computer.
    Anyone have saved all the old documentation?

• I will scan my computers to try and find docs.

• This may be the sensor.