Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P1 connected to PC through plug prop seems to disrupt P1 code sometimes — Parallax Forums

P1 connected to PC through plug prop seems to disrupt P1 code sometimes

Hey all,

I noticed that if I have the P1 connected through a plug prop to my computer, sometimes my code is disrupted. The code looks like it freezes or pauses. This may happen after a few hours of continuous code execution on the P1. This seems to occur with or without PST code. If I disconnect the computer from the P1/Plug Prop and keep the code running on the P1 indefinitely, I have no issues at all.

Has anyone had this problem before? Any potential solutions? It's convenient to keep the usb connected is all, not the end of the world to unplug.

Thanks

Comments

• Something could be triggering a reset on the prop.

• Basically it is a 'feature' that the USB bus enumerates once in a while and thereby resets the Propeller.

If it is a PropPlug you can just connect RX,TX and GND but leave off the /RST, just use short wires or one of those small headers with pins and cut off the not needed one.

That will inhibit the reset, and if in need to program you connect /RST again.

Enjoy!

Mike

• @DigitalBob said:
    Something could be triggering a reset on the prop.

Of course.... the reset. Good idea. I'll check there.

• @msrobots said:
    Basically it is a 'feature' that the USB bus enumerates once in a while and thereby resets the Propeller.

If it is a PropPlug you can just connect RX,TX and GND but leave off the /RST, just use short wires or one of those small headers with pins and cut off the not needed one.

That will inhibit the reset, and if in need to program you connect /RST again.

Enjoy!

Mike

Yes I think you and Bob are correct that it is the reset. I will consider your suggestion! Thanks alot!