Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
waveform plot on a P1. — Parallax Forums

waveform plot on a P1.

I would like to examin the pulses on 3 P1 pins and display them in a plot fashion like you might see printed on a data sheet. The signals are <1MHz. I could use a VGA display to display the plots. Any ideas?
RS_jim

Comments

• If you don't mind looking from the outside you could use an inexpensive logic analyzer and a nice piece of freeware called PulseView. This is a capture that I used in my class on coding SPI on the P2.

1864 x 493 - 55K
  • jon,
    thanks for the feedback. I was hopeing to find something that would run native on the P1.
    Jim

• Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2021-04-25 14:24

There's SPLAT that runs on Tachyon on uses the ANSI terminal. Now that I have discovered that I can use UTF-8 codes, I think I could do even better.
    I found a precompiled binary that should work.

• Thanks Peter,
    I will check it out. I have eye surgery tomorrow, so will be off work for a few days. That will give me some time to play.
    jim

• Ok,
    Succesful cataract surgery behind me. I got the SPLAT bin burned to an Eprom on a QS board. Where do I go from here? Did not find anything in Super Bob's word glossary. Did not get time to play while I was off for the surgery as they eye came back more slowly than I thought it would. I guess that is what happens when you get older! (just passed 78) I am wanting to examin some SPI code that is going our to an AMS5040 rotary encoder chip. Maybe I need to rewrite the routine in forth.
    Jim

• If you can stand to see only two channels at a time, try SpinScope:

https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/157982/spinscope-a-virtual-oscilloscope-for-the-propeller/p1

-Phil