Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Will there be a micro:bit forum? — Parallax Forums

Will there be a micro:bit forum?

Now that Parallax is carrying the micro:bit v2 (seems like the only US distributor with any stock), will it get a Forum Category?

Comments

• @brucee said:
    Now that Parallax is carrying the micro:bit v2 (seems like the only US distributor with any stock), will it get a Forum Category?

@brucee, sure, do you think it would be a productively-used forum?

Ken Gracey

• While we're at it, come and buy some of these:

https://www.parallax.com/bbc-microbit-v2-0s-have-shipped-to-parallax-place-pre-orders-today/

To my knowledge, we are the only in-stock source in the country!

Ken Gracey

• Wouldn't a forum make sense for people using microbits, and having bought them from you. I picked up one for double the normal price, before I saw Parallax carried them, but i get a couple more from your store.

You can run microPython or Blockly with microbit tools.

I'm using Msys2 on a PC (Arch linux) as well as various Linuxes on an old PC to compile C or C++ programs. Their documentation is still forming up, but I got some help from a friend who is programming them at a University in Brazil, as well as a couple pointers from people at the Lancaster University github.

My intention is to port a BASIC to the board, the code is compiling and I need to hook up the loose ends.

• 4 microbit v2's on order. Will have some friends doing some testing when I get BASIC running with BLE links.

• Like?