Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with Windows PropellerIDE — Parallax Forums

Help with Windows PropellerIDE

Guys, simple question...sometimes I get a list of all my PUBs and CONs etc, sometimes I don't When I don't I have only the main file name and no drop down arrows in the browser window on the left. How the heck do you set this up so you can see the list of pubs?

Thanks,
Wes.

Comments

• wes,

I haven't used PropellerIDE in awhile, but I remember that happening to me, too. It seemed to only happen when the file is in UTF-16 format. To fix it, I make a minor modification, like add a random space or other character to the file, save it (at this point the method list should be populated), and then remove the temporary addition. The same goes for any child objects the top-level object might use; that is, if an arrow doesn't appear next to the child object in the list, you'd have to click on the object to open it, and do the same modification done to the parent. This was (is?) a big problem in the OBEX. Presumably, many people used IDEs or other text editors that save in UTF-16 and never noticed, but it's a problem in many other editors that don't support it.

Cheers (and welcome to the forums)
  • avsa242 wrote: »
    This was (is?) a big problem in the OBEX. Presumably, many people used IDEs or other text editors that save in UTF-16 and never noticed, but it's a problem in many other editors that don't support it.

Cheers (and welcome to the forums)
    Propeller Tool saves UTF-16 whenever you use the pseudographic characters, so yeah, a lot of Spin files are encoded as UTF-16 (often just because of a copy-pasted MIT license block) and it's been causing stupid issues ever since.