Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Cats Riding Roombas — Parallax Forums

Cats Riding Roombas

ercoerco Posts: 20,254
Just a dumb video I posted on Carol Hazlett's FB page, where she shows her new kitten. Whit replied that riding an Arlo would be in order, which got me thinking about hamsters atop S3s and such. It's amazing how fearless and nonplussed the cat is while banging into walls. Seems like there is more work & experimentation in order combining pets & robots.

See also

Comments

• Pretty funny stuff :)
  • The second cat was very confused!
  • Actually cats view Roombas the same way they view small children and even other cats, those to chase. They see the Roomba as a participant of some kind in their space.

For example, even though it's mildly off topic, but @erco can confirm this, but his cats probably follow his kids but not when they are asleep. (The cats not the kid.)

And in a book I have on PDA type devices (Palm klind) and robots, one of the authors confirms that his cat, named Hobbes after a certain stuffed tiger, was annoyed at the robot designs they tested.
  • Actually cats view Roombas the same way they view small children and even other cats, those to chase. They see the Roomba as a participant of some kind in their space.

For example, even though it's mildly off topic, but @erco can confirm this, but his cats probably follow his kids but not when they are asleep. (The cats not the kid.)

And in a book I have on PDA type devices (Palm klind) and robots, one of the authors confirms that his cat, named Hobbes after a certain stuffed tiger, was annoyed at the robot designs they tested.

Oh and AC, I still have not confirmed the ownership of the quote but if you look outside, your house is being studied by a crowd of bobcats.