Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
MicroPython for P2 — Parallax Forums

MicroPython for P2

Comments

• Ken Gracey wrote: »
    July 23rd has now been booked by TeamOz to present MicroPython for Propeller2

The first post of this thread has been updated. Registration link will be provided after we confirm the time.

We have about five presentations we can run between now and then; who else would like to share what they've got in the works? I have two very interesting ones in the queue (Smart Pins, ESP8266) but no firm dates have been set for them as of yet.

Ken Gracey
    I asked this before but didn't get a reply. What C compiler is TeamOz using for their port of MicroPython?

• David Betz wrote: »
    Ken Gracey wrote: »

The first post of this thread has been updated. Registration link will be provided after we confirm the time.

We have about five presentations we can run between now and then; who else would like to share what they've got in the works? I have two very interesting ones in the queue (Smart Pins, ESP8266) but no firm dates have been set for them as of yet.

Ken Gracey
    I asked this before but didn't get a reply. What C compiler is TeamOz using for their port of MicroPython?

David its p2gcc
  • Tubular wrote: »
    David Betz wrote: »

Ken Gracey

David its p2gcc
    Interesting. I thought p2gcc was no longer being developed or supported. Wouldn't it be better to use one of the other options?

• David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,511
    edited 2020-06-15 19:46
    Tubular wrote: »

Ken Gracey

David its p2gcc
    Interesting. I thought p2gcc was no longer being developed or supported. Wouldn't it be better to use one of the other options?

Please start a new thread to discuss.

- Ken
    Sorry I sidetracked your thread. I guess mine was mostly a rhetorical question that I didn't really expect an answer to.

• I guess the obvious candidates would be FastSpin/FlexC, Catalina C, or the RISC-V compiler with Eric's P2 runtime. Eric has already done a port using the RISC-V compiler that has at least some P2 primitives.
  • rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    edited 2020-11-30 23:30
    I have teamOz micropython installed, but having some configuration issues... what pin group is used for vga?

how is the keyboard setup?

In Mu I got it to work once... since then I'm not getting an interactive cursor... any ideas?
  • USB KB on pin group 0..7 (Accessory board "SERIAL HOST" lower socket.
    VGA on Pin group 8..15
  • rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    Thank you Australia.