Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Thoughts on memory - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Thoughts on memory

2»

Comments

• cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    Chip, your supporters have been in the waiting room for many years awaiting the birth of the P2 baby while you have been in labor. But we have done more than cheer you on, we have knitted bonnets and bibs, and booties for bub. Would it hurt for you to at least dress bub in them sometime? Or trust us enough to hold bub? What a motivator that would be. When the Chip is down, just think, you will always have your supporters there to help. Let them help now. Congratulations Chip! P2 is a very beautiful baby indeed.

What would you like me to do?
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,254
    Many people are pulling in different directions. Some want Parallax to control everything so it's as simple as possible to get started. Some want to use their favourite IDE with plug-ins from Parallax. Some want open ended console tools so they can use any editor and not be tied to any IDE.

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    Peter,
    Your post puts it so elegantly :)
  • Thank you for listening, Ken. I'm sure it's sometimes as much curse as blessing having such passionate supporters.
  • ersmith wrote: »
    Thank you for listening, Ken. I'm sure it's sometimes as much curse as blessing having such passionate supporters.

The forum action means interest. Many big companies would try to spend their way into the kind of interest you and others provide to the P2 Community, so it's all positive. Please take me up on the invitation that we communicate together, in person about everything from fastspin to FlexGUI.

Ken Gracey
  • my 2 cents,
    I have read the Google Doc. Making suggestions is a bit tricky:
    Real technical stuff gets read and approved/dismissed in a good amount of time.
    I made also some changes for readability and more easy understanding just to
    test the waters if such changes are wanted. This suggestions linger there now
    for 1 month without any action taken.
    I myself thought to would very much to help evolve the Document from a
    pure facts sheet to a easy to read Manual. But im still not sure if such
    a thing is wanted.

best regards
  • Surac wrote: »
    my 2 cents,
    I have read the Google Doc. Making suggestions is a bit tricky:
    Real technical stuff gets read and approved/dismissed in a good amount of time.
    I made also some changes for readability and more easy understanding just to
    test the waters if such changes are wanted. This suggestions linger there now
    for 1 month without any action taken.
    I myself thought to would very much to help evolve the Document from a
    pure facts sheet to a easy to read Manual. But im still not sure if such
    a thing is wanted.

best regards

I admit that, while I have edit access, I tend to leave the comments for Chip (I even leave a few myself). Maybe I should be addressing other people's comments, if at least to acknowledge them?
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    edited 2020-06-07 18:17
    Some comments are immediately addressable, while others are more big-picture and would require a lot of work to address.