Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Need Code for nRF24L01 and P8x32A quickstart RevA — Parallax Forums

Need Code for nRF24L01 and P8x32A quickstart RevA

I have a couple of quickstart boards I picked up at Radio Shack when they were going out of business and would like to use them for some remote sensor data retreive via nRF24L01s I just got. I am have trouble finding any code or drivers. I am new to P8x32A arch. and would like to use Blocky Prop if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 3,278
    edited 2020-04-06 08:14
    Hi @syates

Welcome to the forums!

There's an interesting thread here : https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/162282/nrf24l01-having-difficult-time-getting-a-simple-test-to-work-could-use-some-help-advice/p1

@Mahonroy seemed to me making great progress, and there's some links to code mentioned by @"Duane Degn" too.
    Might be a help to start your experiments.

Please share back anything you come up with - would be fantastic to have a full nRF24L01 library to share.
  • It's been a while since I've used these modules. They are great little modules for the price.
    If you want to use two QuickStart boards, I'd suggest trying the "Master" and "Slave" examples attached to this post.
    Use the archives dated July 2011.

As @VonSzarvas mentioned, others have written drivers for these transceivers. I haven't compared the drivers myself. I don't know which one is better.

I think there's a way to add custom blocks to Blocky Prop but I don't think it would be a trivial task to make blocks for the nRF24L01+ modules.

Take a look at the link in my signature. There are a bunch of links to other Propeller resources there. Parallax changed the forum which broke the links but I've gone through and fixed a lot of them.