Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ELEV-8 v3 not pairing with Spektrum DXe? — Parallax Forums

ELEV-8 v3 not pairing with Spektrum DXe?

Hi all,

My school bought 3 ELEV-8 v3s at a conference we went to 2.5 years ago and for a myriad of reasons haven't really done much with them since. Now we are trying to though. We built one there and it flew just fine. I'm trying to get it up again. The transmitter didn't activate any of the motors on the ELEV-8 so I went through the manual and tried to re setup the Gyros, Accel Calibration.

The system test works for everything but even after using the bind plug and going through the steps to attempt to bind (seemed like it was successful) no control from the transmitter. Maybe it is because I didn't redo the radio setup tab in Parallax GroundStation but I couldn't find the directions in the manual of how to make that work.

I'm not super with robotics type stuff but probably the best shot my school has with these. Any thoughts as to what I did wrong/didn't do?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• pshipway,

I suggest you jump in right about here http://learn.parallax.com/tutorials/robot/elev-8/elev-8-v3-quadcopter-assembly-guide/section-6-software-and-firmware

It sounds like your transmitter is no longer binding with the receiver. Go back through the entire setup process. Be sure to remove propellers before connecting the V3 to your computer in any way.

Ken Gracey
  • Thanks Ken,

That is where I was working through. I did the following basically except I don't think I have a PDB cable that will connect to both the ELEV-8 and the RC receiver.

General Instructions for Binding your Transmitter and Receiver:

Insert the bind plug supplied with your receiver into the bind (BND/DAT) jack on your receiver.
    Connect the battery to the PDB Power Cable to provide power to the ELEV-8 and RC Receiver
    Follow the binding instructions supplied with your transmitter or receiver.

Instructions for Binding a Spektrum Transmitter and AR610 or AR8000 Receiver
    Insert the bind plug supplied with your receiver into the bind (BND/DAT) jack on your receiver.
    Make sure your transmitter is switched off and the throttle is all the way down.
    Connect the battery to the PDB Power Cable to provide power to the ELEV-8. The LED in the receiver should be flashing rapidly.
    Locate the "Trainer/Bind" switch/button on your transmitter. Hold the switch in the "1" position / depress the button while turning on the transmitter. Continue holding until the LED on the receiver stops flashing. (You may need to be at least 6 feet (2m) away from the receiver).
    Unplug the battery, remove the bind plug, and turn off your transmitter.

Maybe it is because I can't find the "ELEV8-Main.side" file in step 23?
  • Hi!

If you follow the download link mentioned in step 22, you'll find the firmware zip that includes that .side file.

https://www.parallax.com/downloads/elev-8-flight-controller-firmware