Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BBcode and quotes from mobile devices — Parallax Forums

BBcode and quotes from mobile devices

This discussion was created from comments split from: XBYTE and hardware stack.

Comments

• BBcode not working on mobile site is very annoying.
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,126
    TonyB_ wrote: »
    BBcode not working on mobile site is very annoying.
    How can that be? It's just text. Sounds like you just need to disable javascript so it doesn't try to be smart. Then you can access the desktop URL and enter BBcodes manually.

The only downside there is, when wanting to make a correction, the edit button needs scripting enabled! Just the button only, editing itself doesn't need scripting.
    What's the forum URL for cellphone access?
  • Test with Javascript disabled:

[code]
    push #N_cleanup
    _ret_ push #$1FE 'start N+1 with TOS = N_cleanup
    [/code]
  • You can switch to full site from mobile version by clicking
    http://forums.parallax.com/profile/nomobile

Mobile version selected if your browser is set for mobile. In Firefox, it's possible to fool browser into thinking it's running on an iPhone, e.g. with new "general.useragent.override" string = "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_3_5 like Mac OS X)" in about:config.
  • TonyB_TonyB_ Posts: 2,106
    edited 2020-02-16 11:00
    Chip had same [code] [/code] problem in one post in the last couple of days, but I can't find it.
  • @TonyB_
    @evanh

There's a bunch of examples. I'll book some server access time and see about fixing this issue. Gives me the shivers whenever I see those ill-formed posts!

If we can't enable bbcode for the mobile theme, then disabling the mobile theme might also be a rapid workaround until the next major update. I've not yet looked, but I thought the main site theme was responsive anyhow.

ps. Will split this chat into a new thread in a moment
  • Please don't disable the mobile site, if possible. I use mobile because my browser (which can't be upgraded any more due to age of PC) displays paragraphs on the full site as one long line, requiring a lot of horizonal scrolling.

The problem is BBCode not working for mobile now. Something must have changed fairly recently because it did work fine for me for several years.
  • TonyB_ wrote: »
    Please don't disable the mobile site, if possible. I use mobile because my browser (which can't be upgraded any more due to age of PC) displays paragraphs on the full site as one long line, requiring a lot of horizonal scrolling.

The problem is BBCode not working for mobile now. Something must have changed fairly recently because it did work fine for me for several years.

That's just the feedback I hoped for, Thanks.
    ... 10-4... Keeping mobile theme.
  • @TonyB_

Should be fixed now.
    Both for quotes and code tags from mobile.
    TonyB_ wrote: »
    Mobile version selected if your browser is set for mobile. In Firefox, it's possible to fool browser into thinking it's running on an iPhone, e.g. with new "general.useragent.override" string = "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_3_5 like Mac OS X)" in about:config.
    Oh, huh, the URL doesn't change.

Man, the edit box sucks! It's view height is fixed at just two text lines.

VonSzarvas wrote: »
    Should be fixed now.
    Yep, the quote above was done that way.

• VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 3,272
    edited 2020-02-16 22:10
    evanh wrote: »

I don't understand... is there still something odd going on?

comment box should grow, btw, when you click quote, or tap enter on the last line.
    I don't understand... is there still something odd going on?
    No, just me thinking that cellphones would be directed to alternative URL for alternative interaction. I've seen other sites where this happens so just assumed that was the norm.

comment box should grow, btw, when you click quote, or tap enter on the last line.
    Ah, of course, with scripting enabled.

• ah, ok. Thanks for explaining.
    Ah, of course, with scripting enabled.
    :)

• TonyB_TonyB_ Posts: 2,106
    edited 2020-02-18 00:21
    @TonyB_

Should be fixed now.

Many thanks. Testing ...
    	push #N_cleanup
     _ret_	push #$1FE		'start N+1 with TOS = N_cleanup