Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Flexgui and installing proploader. — Parallax Forums

Flexgui and installing proploader.

I decided to try out flexgui and I am having a couple of issues.
I am trying to load a simple hello program. The c program says that it compiles, but when I hit Compile and Run on P1 i get a can't find proploader error. For the life of me I cannot find the proploader.exe on the internet, but I was able to locate it in the SimpleIDE bin folder. So I copied the EXE from there, over to the bin folder under the Flexgui folder. This got rid of my proploader error, however it is still not programming my board. The board comes up as comm 6 and now when I click Compile and Run on P1 the compile window says this.
Finished at Mon Feb  3 15:47:03 2020
cmd.exe /c start "Propeller Output \\\\.\\COM6" "C:/Users/Ubuntu/Downloads/flexgui/flexgui/bin/proploader" -Dbaudrate=115200 -p \\\\.\\COM6 "C:/Users/Ubuntu/Downloads/flexgui/flexgui/samples/hello2.binary" -r -t -k

I am wondering if I needed to do more than just move the proploader.exe to the flexgui bin folder.

I must be missing something simple.

Thanks
Shawn A

Comments

• to me this looks like a mix of windows and Linux tools, If you are running under Windows just install FlexGui and it will automatically contain all needed tools. No need to copy anything from SimpleIDE.

If you running under Ubuntu you might need a different installer/method. I am told it works with Linux and Mac, but own neither.

Enjoy

Mike
  • Its a windows 7 machine, Ubuntu is just the users name. I will try to download it again.
  • Maybe stating the obvious, but you need to unzip the archive with folder structure intact.
    You cannot just run the flexgui.exe inside the zip file, even though Windows will let you.

Most technical people install an unzip program like winzip, winRAR, or 7-zip and associate any archive files to it. The default built-in zip handler on Windows 7 and lower isn't supported anymore anyway, and chokes on newer formats. Issues up to and including missing files or saying the archive is corrupt.
  • Yeah, I extracted it. lol
    whicker wrote: »
    The default built-in zip handler on Windows 7 and lower isn't supported anymore anyway, and chokes on newer formats. Issues up to and including missing files or saying the archive is corrupt.

I didn't know that.

I downloaded 7-zip and extracted the files, still no go.
  • No go as is can't find the Propeller?

Are you letting it search all com ports, not just com 6?

Have you already installed propeller tool? Maybe your PC is in need of the USB driver?

https://www.parallax.com/downloads/propeller-tool-software-windows-spin-assembly
  • There was a mistake in the packaging of flexgui 4.1.2 and the proploader.exe file was accidentally left out. I've attached it here.
  • whicker wrote: »
    No go as is can't find the Propeller?
    No it couldn't find the propeller.

ersmith wrote: »
    There was a mistake in the packaging of flexgui 4.1.2 and the proploader.exe file was accidentally left out. I've attached it here.

Eric that was the problem, thanks!

Shawn A