Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Error running wifi_start in cog — Parallax Forums

Error running wifi_start in cog

Hi all, I'm having great fun using the Propeller micro-controller in a custom board. It's been a great experience thus far, and the tutorials that Andy has put together have been a great accelerator to both the embedded (c) code as well as the Java I have written. The project is complete, and I'm into some fine tuning. When I move the C-code related to wifi communications to a cog other than cog 0, I get what looks like a memory leak. I admittedly haven't started to debug yet (other than a quick look through the wifi.h library on github and the usual documentation). For now, I'm just wondering if someone is successfully running the wifi.h functions in a cog higher than 0 or if anything immediately stands out. I had already worked around the problem by moving all processing other than wifi to higher level COGs, but I'm curious on this one. if no-one has an immediate answer, I'll get into further research in the coming week and report back. I had the board fab'd, but use the usual wifi_start(31, 30, 115200, WX_ALL_COM) with sel high. Thanks in advance!

Comments