Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New question about the super carrier board — Parallax Forums

New question about the super carrier board

Hello!
I have here a super carrier board. It was sent to me via a collection of other items. Its wearing a regular BS2, I've confirmed via my favorite test program that it works. Since there's a spot on it for the BS1 devices, I need a photo showing me the proper orientation for the Stamp in that board.

The regular carriers all showed the stamp as being installed with the guts facing the 9V battery snaps. I believe the Stamp one should be installed on this super carrier board in the same general direction. Which is why a photo would be a great aid here.

Note for Pub I am still thinking over the right method to fabricate a widget to plug into the long since discontinued App Mod header socket. Nothing that would work, and naturally I don't have the right hardware here to actually make something special.

For now I can make do with the idea taking shape on any of my regular carriers but that super one is special.
---
And this message is sponsored by the alligator union of Jacksonville Florida. (Will climb fences for food and employment.)

Comments

• Buck,

Pin 1 is at the top by the 9V battery connector, and the components on the BS1 face the RS232 connector.

• Sapphire wrote: »
    Buck,

Pin 1 is at the top by the 9V battery connector, and the components on the BS1 face the RS232 connector.

That does make sense. But that's why I was wondering if any photos of a board wearing a BS1 did exist.
    ---
    And this message is sponsored by the alligator union of Jacksonville Florida. (Will climb fences for food and employment.)
  • And I've got my project almost ready to go. Your photo WBA seals the deal. I'll have my photos on the forum tonight, or tomorrow. Latest will be Tuesday.

----
    And this message is supported by the teletype foundation for a noisy datacenter.
  • Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,160
    edited 2019-09-02 06:05
    And naturally I could not get either of the two BS1 devices into the socket of the Super Carrier. So... It is not a game changer. I'll just order RSN a new one.

--
    Mascot off for holiday.
  • Buck RogersBuck Rogers Posts: 2,160
    edited 2019-09-07 04:07
    And naturally I could not get either of the two BS1 devices into the socket of the Super Carrier. So... It is not a game changer. I'll just order RSN a new one.

--
    Mascot off for holiday.

And the new board arrived, well today. (Post office it seems gave the letter carrier a batch of made up instructions regarding small package deliveries.) And I tried the one that arrived with the gaggle of BASIC Stamp devices as described in an earlier post. It found itself snapped in place exactly as the photo shows. Next up: Bringing my idea from the stamp standing on the former Arduino holder to this one. A new photo of this board with everything attached will be present soon.

----
    Mascot back: "Why do cats enjoy trees?" he wrote from working from one.
  • And now the all important photo of my board.newestboard_0001.jpg this time it was taken with the other camera.

I now invite comments. Incidentally it is in that photo is showing the first board wired to make it easier for communicating with different devices. The cable shown was customized originally for the calculator interface discussed in this program:
    ' {$STAMP BS1}
    ' {$PBASIC 1.0}

SYMBOL serData = B2

Main:
    DEBUG serData
    SERIN 7, T2400, serData
    DEBUG serData
    serData = serData + 1
    DEBUG serDATA
    SEROUT 7, T2400, (serData)
    DEBUG serDATA
    GOTO Main

Next steps are to wire a board just for the functions in the thread about the different board holder.
    640 x 480 - 51K
  • This schematic shows Vin being on the left when looking at the component side of the board and P7 on the far right.

Sandy