Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I have never seen so many electric jellyfish in all my life. — Parallax Forums

I have never seen so many electric jellyfish in all my life.

JohnR2010JohnR2010 Posts: 431
edited 2019-07-24 18:31 in Propeller 1
Those are not electric jellyfish, they are Prop 1 based SMT PCBs. Just got my first run of PCBs with all SMT components installed. No more fiddling with tweezers under a microscope. I have populated a couple with the through-hole components and they are ready for testing. Now I can start fulfilling some of the promises I have been making! Well if they past testing that is. So far the first 3 units I finished are working flawlessly. Good Job Bay Area Circuits!!

IMG_0870.JPG
IMG_0874.JPG
IMG_0879.JPG

Comments

• beautiful
  • Very nice!
  • Looking Good.

Bay Area Circuits are great...
  • Coming together very nicely. Your boards look good and the whole assembly looks great. Looks like you are thinking about a lot of little details that many people forget. You can see that in the finished product. Wish you the best in sales.
    One thing that caught my eye was that the mousebites were done well, very minimal residual material. That always helps with circular PCBs.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    Congratulations! Boards look great :smiley:
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,144
    One thing that caught my eye was that the mousebites were done well, very minimal residual material. That always helps with circular PCBs.

I've also seen those done `recessed inwards a little`, so any burrs are not outside the circumference.

• Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,656
    edited 2019-07-25 18:12
    Looking close, "For novelty purposes only, Not for Navigation"-- Just in case, as if! :cool:
  • Looking close, "For novelty purposes only, Not for Navigation"-- Just in case, as if! :cool:
    Smile. That was the result of showing the gauges to my attorney a year or so ago. For the Mississippi and Illinois river gauges it makes sense so I just left it on for all the gauge faces.