Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Free Stamp Stuff — Parallax Forums

Free Stamp Stuff

Hi,
I hope this is the appropriate place to post this. And it's free, not for sale, so I guess that's allowed. I haven't used my Stamp stuff in a very long time, so it's time to clean out the drawers. PM your mailing address to me and these Stamp items are yours!

(1) Board of Education/Serial with BS2
(1) BASIC Stamp Super Carrier Board with BS2
(1) USB to serial adapter
(1) BS1
(1) BS1 serial Adapter
(2) more BS2's
(2) BS2P24's
(1) BS2PE

Rich

Comments

• I just sent a PM (or tried to send one) if you did receive it, it contains my physical address. Feel free to respond here if it arrived.
  • I did receive it. I'll drop the stuff in the mail to you this week. I am glad to give it a new home. :smile:
  • Lev wrote: »
    I did receive it. I'll drop the stuff in the mail to you this week. I am glad to give it a new home. :smile:

Hello!
    Great! And thank you for letting me know.
  • Rich,
    I could use the BS2PE if you still have it.
    Let me know and I will send you a SSSE.
    I'm getting my 2 BOE BOTS out of the closet and am looking forward to working with them again!!

I will try to send you an email with address.

Thanks!
  • thompscoh wrote: »
    Rich,
    I'm getting my 2 BOE BOTS out of the closet and am looking forward to working with them again!!

Thanks!

My apologies but they are arriving here RSN. Since that particular module is over powered for my needs, if you want I'll make arrangements to send it to you.
  • thompscohthompscoh Posts: 2
    edited 2019-06-13 06:40
    I just started using this forum... Not sure wjat a "PM" is...private message?
    U can email me and i can semd you my address and shipping payment.

Thanks!
  • thompscoh wrote: »
    Rich,

Thanks!

Sorry, I already have a taker for the entire pile of Stamp stuff. But, I'll probably find more as I keep digging through my shop. I'll let you know what turns up.
  • VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 3,273
    edited 2019-06-13 06:53
    thompscoh wrote: »
    I just started using this forum... Not sure wjat a "PM" is...private message?
    U can email me and i can semd you my address and shipping payment.

Thanks!

Yes, private message.

If you click on a user name, you'll see their profile info, and to the top-right the "MESSAGE" button. Click that and you'll be in the private message area.
    PM_Parallax%20Forums%20%28Small%29.png

After you click that "Message" button, you will see the private messaging window pop up:
    New%20Message%20%E2%80%94%20Parallax%20Forums%20%28Small%29.png

You can add multiple recipient user names if you want to, type your message, then click on "Post Message" when you are ready to send!

***** TIP *****

Note: At the bottom of the user profile info page is a section headed "Activity" followed by a big empty text box, and the "Add Comment" button. If you send comments through that box, they end up on the public Activity wall- ie. are not private!
    Activity%20%E2%80%94%20Parallax%20Forums%20%28Small%29.png
  • Thank you Von.

Lev PM me when you send the things out.
    ---
    And this message is being sponsored by the Rebel Alliance.
  • Oorah
  • And everything arrived today. Thank you Lev.

---
    And this message is being sponsored by the Dwarf Mining Guild of the Blue Mountains of Middle Earth.
  • So far both boards work. But..... The power connectors on them didn't want to work with the adapter plug I use which is originally from Radio Shack. Now I need to find something that cleans oxides off of contacts. I used a cable which has a USB one on one end, and the classic barrel one on the other. I normally use that to power my Netduino projects. I can't fathom why the RS one didn't work on the Parallax boards, but did work on the breadboard power supply.

Normally I'd use an old favorite, TV tuner cleaner, but that stuff hasn't been made in years. Since there are still mechanical contact keyboards out there, I'd find out what Micro Center for example suggests.
    ----
    And this message is sponsored by the Union of almost concerned protocol robots.
  • Jeff HaasJeff Haas Posts: 416
    edited 2019-06-21 08:39
    Actually, Radio Shack still sells that cleaner - they just call it Contact Cleaner now. You'll have to order some, though.
  • Jeff Haas wrote: »
    Actually, Radio Shack still sells that cleaner - they just call it Contact Cleaner now. You'll have to order some, though.

It's a good thought, thanks Jeff. But since I normally do my buying of bigger stuff from Micro Center, I'll check there.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    WOW, so very generous of you Lev! Good on you for getting your unused Stamp stuff into good hands.

Buck, make us proud!
  • erco wrote: »
    WOW, so very generous of you Lev! Good on you for getting your unused Stamp stuff into good hands.

Buck, make us proud!

And I am indeed doing that. The biggest problem is a paucity of ideas. I feel like a certain coyote in that I come up with an idea, and realize I had tried it out before, and found that it had been tried well before and sadly it did not work.

The two advanced versions of the BS2 that Lev supplied me, are next.....