Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Having a hard time finding documentation on SETSE<X> — Parallax Forums

Having a hard time finding documentation on SETSE<X>

I'm having a really hard time finding any documentation on how to use this instruction. I found the rows in the spreadsheet for the instructions but that doesn't tell me anything about what to pass into the parameter. I looked through the word doc manual as well and couldn't find anything at all describing how to use these selectable events. Is there something already written up?

Comments

• ElectrodudeElectrodude Posts: 1,621
    edited 2019-01-12 06:24
    It's under the heading "POLLSE1/WAITSE1 event flag" in the "Parallax Propeller 2 Documentation v32" google doc you linked to. I agree that it's not in a great place - it took me a while to find it - I saw that heading but didn't see the information underneath it because I didn't expect the information to be there.
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,187
    Welcome aboard. :)

There is a number of useful tidbits about Pnut rules at the bottom of the instructions.txt file with the FPGA files too. Here's the current edition:
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2019-01-12 09:43
    Funnily enough I was searching through all that info earlier on in the day as I'm building interrupt support into TAQOZ so that you can write a high-level or a PASM function that can be called by an interrupt. I'm using this to create a high level background timer even though I know I could use another cog, but it's a good test.

I PDF the main P2 documents and instructions every so often for quick and easy reference but I noticed that there were about 6 or more anonymous users on at the time that seem to have edit permissions since there was some random characters at their cursors. We need to keep this document clean and just update an online PDF version whenever necessary.

• evanhevanh Posts: 15,187
    Try this one, I've resized the diagram font to fit a printed page:
  • and these are the PDFs for the actual spreadsheet formatted to fit in landscape as well as the P2 document.
  • It's under the heading "POLLSE1/WAITSE1 event flag" in the "Parallax Propeller 2 Documentation v32" google doc you linked to. I agree that it's not in a great place - it took me a while to find it - I saw that heading but didn't see the information underneath it because I didn't expect the information to be there.

Yep, there we go. Thank you.
  • Funnily enough I was searching through all that info earlier on in the day as I'm building interrupt support into TAQOZ so that you can write a high-level or a PASM function that can be called by an interrupt. I'm using this to create a high level background timer even though I know I could use another cog, but it's a good test.

I PDF the main P2 documents and instructions every so often for quick and easy reference but I noticed that there were about 6 or more anonymous users on at the time that seem to have edit permissions since there was some random characters at their cursors. We need to keep this document clean and just update an online PDF version whenever necessary.

Very interested in the interrupt support Peter. Hoping to see so info on that in the TAQOZ thread soon.

C.W.