Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stingray Robot - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Stingray Robot

2»

Comments

• zappman wrote: »
    I think you need to search for equipment rack handle in google.
    Try this page / look up tool at Digi-Key https://www.digikey.com/products/en/boxes-enclosures-racks/handles/590
    I think you will find what you are looking for, to use on your Stingray Robot.

Thanks. I already ordered to one that Whit suggested. Sometimes its just finding the correct search words to get results you want. :)
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    edited 2018-12-28 18:31
    Publison wrote: »
    kwinn wrote: »
    Anybody have a source for the metal bumpers, (under the PING's), in Whit's post #1? I measured the width and it is 2" on center. All I can find after weeks of searching is 2-1/2" center. I guess I could file a quarter on each side, but don't want to if I don't have to.

They look like ordinary kitchen cupboard/drawer handles, so you may want to try Home Depot or similar hardware stores. Might also consider using two knobs instead and bring back the "big chrome bumper bullet" look.

Been to HD, Lowes, various kitchen hardware site for a couple of hours yesterday. Smallest c/c was 2-1/2" which would mean filing the slots a bit.

I would suggest drilling 2 new holes for each 2-1/2" handle rather than filing. Less work and the end result would look better.

Oops, a bit late with this suggestion.
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2018-12-28 20:42
    I hate to file a virgin Stingray. :)

I’m with you Publison! I don’t mind paying a bit more for finishing touches that are just what I want. Another great source for odd stuff is Grainger.

Glad I could help. Have fun Stingraying!
  • Whit wrote: »
    I hate to file a virgin Stingray. :)

I’m with you Publison! I don’t mind paying a bit more for finishing touches that are just what I want. Another great source for odd stuff is Grainger.

Glad I could help. Have fun Stingraying!

Yeah, it's all about the search words. :) Thanks again.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2018-12-30 17:33
    The "U" bolt suggestion didn't pan out. Would have meant drilling a hole also. The correct handle is on order.