Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Merry Christmas All! — Parallax Forums

Merry Christmas All!

Merry Christmas Forum members!

Comments

• Back at you Whit!
  • Yes! Happy Christmas to all.
  • I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas & Chipmas and a Happy New Year.
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,253
    edited 2018-12-24 20:33
    Merry Xmas everyone.

With these new P2 boards, actual silicon, I sometimes think back to early P1 times.

It has all come a long way! Thanks go to all of you who have helped me learn something. So much! And it can sneak up on you. Things out of bounds some time back will just seem possible. Day to day, we do not generally notice. But, every so often, for me at least, I realize more sunk in than I would know or thought to know. It is nice when that happens.

There are a lot of smarts and kinds of smarts here. And a get it done, help others understand better without much, or sometimes, no pain culture. I have a hard time expressing how valuable that is.

And we almost always get along, despite significant and clear differences too. Untinkable!

Trust me. It is very high value. Higher than we may think. This little place on the net matters very much. We all are why.

Please take my best thoughts for you and yours to heart this holiday time.

Well earned and appreciated. We are all fortunate to have found one another here.

Spud
  • Merry Christmas!!!
  • Merry Christmas, all!!

I've been gone for a while, wandering around the Interwebs but what Spud says is true, we have a very good, helpful core community here. We've gathered here to reflect and spread the core values of our hosts, Chip and Ken and the company they have created!

Well done everyone and thanks to you all for the things I have learned from you!!
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Hyvää Joulua kaikille!

As they say in Finland.

I think I missed a memo, as I sit here with no P2 boards or actual P2 silicon. No Chipmas for me :(

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    Merry Chipmas to everyone 🎉🎄📦
  • Heater. wrote: »
    Hyvää Joulua kaikille!

As they say in Finland.

I think I missed a memo, as I sit here with no P2 boards or actual P2 silicon. No Chipmas for me :(

Are you saying your P2-ES hasn't arrived yet or that you didn't even get in on the order? I hope the former. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you and everyone else here!

• USPS saved Santa a trip. It's Chipmas!
    3120 x 4160 - 4M
  • Publison wrote: »
    USPS saved Santa a trip. It's Chipmas!
    You bought both the P2-ES and the Prop123-A9? Why do you need the FPGA board now that you have the real chip?

• Merry Christmas to all!

I hope early in the new year to release a few projects, so far P1 related, but soon to be P2 as well... I asked Santa for more time each week for these projects, we'll see what's in my stocking...
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Sadly I have not had my ear to the ground or my finger on the P2 pulse in the past few months.

The company I worked for suddenly went down and us few guys in the Finland branch have been busy starting up a new company and negotiating to continue the projects the old one dropped. All kind of hectic.

Hopefully things are a bit more settled in the New Year. Except... we now have to recreate everything we did in the last five years in one year...

• Heater. wrote: »
    Sadly I have not had my ear to the ground or my finger on the P2 pulse in the past few months.
    The company I worked for suddenly went down and us few guys in the Finland branch have been busy starting up a new company and negotiating to continue the projects the old one dropped. All kind of hectic.
    Hopefully things are a bit more settled in the New Year. Except... we now have to recreate everything we did in the last five years in one year...
    Check with Peter to see if he has a spare P2D2 board you can buy. What sort of work is your new company going to be doing?

• God Jul til alle. 👍
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2018-12-25 15:04
  • Merry Christmas to all!!
  • Cool!
  • ¡Feliz Navidad!

-Felipe
  • K2K2 Posts: 691
    Heater. wrote: »
    That's terrible! IIRC, it was you who coined the expression 'Chipmas' some years ago.

• Feliz Natal a todos!

Henrique :smile:
    @"Tracy Allen" - Love it!
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,248
    Yes, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! Potatohead said it better and more succinctly than I could ever elucidate, so in order to eschew obfuscation I will simply echo his sentiment on this most festive of occasions.

edited 2018-12-26 17:03
    @erco - May your InvenToy mug runeth over! The 15 oz one!
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,248
    Ah yes, the 15-ounce Widowmaker for late night build sessions!

20181207_094319_Burst01.jpg
    1280 x 725 - 275K
  • Merry Christmas.

1382cd58f3ac4f9944f0a62fa2070fd6.jpg?r=1139556272