Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Is this the right place to request an addition to blockly? — Parallax Forums

Is this the right place to request an addition to blockly?

pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 21
edited 2018-02-27 18:02 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Is this the right place to request an addition to blockly?

I would like to have a control block that allows multiple lines of code to be disabled/enabled with one click. I'm currently using:

[img][/img]38710741040_fe8f88cf83_z.jpg

To disable the code, I simply disable the If. (You could achieve the same thing by changing the condition to "False" but that's not the way I choose to do it.)

Comments

• You can request changes/improvements/bugs to Blockly here on the forums or on the GitHub, which we monitor more closely https://github.com/parallaxinc/BlocklyProp/issues.

To clarify, what you're asking for is a shift-select with multiple disable, right? You'd like to disable chosen Terminal blocks but not all of them?

At present, you'd need to disable individual Terminal blocks or the entire IF-DO loop.

Ken Gracey
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    You can request changes/improvements/bugs to Blockly here on the forums or on the GitHub, which we monitor more closely https://github.com/parallaxinc/BlocklyProp/issues.

To clarify, what you're asking for is a shift-select with multiple disable, right? You'd like to disable chosen Terminal blocks but not all of them?
    That would fill the bill but I was specifically asking for something else. Here is my idea of what it would look like:

39831653404_2511870499_z.jpg

Ken Gracey wrote: »
    At present, you'd need to disable <snip> the entire IF-DO loop.

Ken Gracey

That is my current work around

Thanks
  • So you are asking for basically a blank "statement" block - I think that's the official name for the type of input that holds groups of blocks...

Like this:group_block.png

While it's possible, I'm not sure how I feel about it. This one falls into a category of blocks that don't really have a code function, but do serve a purpose in helping you "visualize" or work with your blockly code. Another example is a "start" block - it doesn't do anything, but it marks the start of a program.

Worth discussing - let's see where this thread goes...
    184 x 60 - 6K
  • As a visual programming language, these kinds of enhancements make sense - especially as users start to grow larger programs. It's similar to a comment block, I suppose, but with the ability to encapsulate a bunch of other code. I've also produced some really big BlocklyProp programs where I've relied on "collapse block" and "clean workspace" to get things organized.

Others have thoughts on this?

Ken Gracey