Micro Tank Chassis $5

ercoerco Posts: 19,469
edited 2018-06-22 - 01:06:27 in Robotics
I know there are some other tread lovers here... I first mentioned these mini line follower vehicles (random mix of tanks and construction vehicles) somewhere in my $4 kit line follower kit thread, but today I gutted one and the innards are nice and hack worthy, so IMHO it needs it own thread. Cute as a button cell (powered by 4x of those), there are 2 independent drive trains and beautiful rubber treads. The treads are 2" long installed. A shame my project requires that I gut the cute little PCB with 3mm IR LEDs & phototransistors. The line follower works great, BTW. But someone needs to make a neat little Propeller or Stamp robot from this tiny chassis. Amanda? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-Pen-Inductive-Kids-Toy-Car-Follow-Any-Drawn-Line-Mini-Truck-Tank-Train/112845468455

BTW a black magic marker is included with these "INDUCTIVE" :) brand line followers. The yellow construction vehicle included the 4 watch batteries but the tank didn't.

CAM00055.jpg
"When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso

Comments

• Sold out! Erco does it again!
    My Prop boards: P8XBlade2, RamBlade, CpuBlade, TriBlade
    Prop OS (also see Sphinx, PropDos, PropCmd, Spinix)
    Prop Tools (Index) , Emulators (Index) , ZiCog (Z80)
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,469
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    Sold out! Erco does it again!

I need to get a commission on the eBay sales I (de)generate!
    "When you make a thing, a thing that is new, it is so complicated making it that it is bound to be ugly. But those that make it after you, they don’t have to worry about making it. And they can make it pretty, and so everybody can like it when others make it after you."

- Pablo Picasso
  • You can always try a different seller. I think about 402 factories in China make these.

Here's one that's a US seller, with a low price and free shipping. You need to specify which one to get. I would think the tank and the earth mover are the same chassis, and you'd want to remove the plastic body anyway. Erco, can you confirm?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magic-Toy-Truck-Car-MINI-Magic-Pen-Inductive-Fangle-Train-Fire-Truck-Bus-Tank/322563012005
  • You going to get the little gun working ,right? :-)
    Particularly patient proactive practice positively predicates practically precise poly-processor Parallax Propeller programming paradigms.

• That thing is tiny!
    That's not an explosion! That's an unscheduled rapid disassembly!

Looking for a way to have a silicon chip made.
  • You going to get the little gun working ,right? :-)

I don't doubt that it's possible. You would have to redo the insides to make room.
    That's not an explosion! That's an unscheduled rapid disassembly!

Looking for a way to have a silicon chip made.
  • ercoerco Posts: 19,469
    edited 2018-06-23 - 00:10:13
    Good find Gordon, a US seller for $5! Looks like only one left, who will score?

Seller is in West Palm Beach. I lived there (actually in Jupiter) for a year and a half fresh out of school working for Pratt & Whitney Aircraft. Good times. Oh, how I miss that Florida humidity and afternoon rain. But jolly good diving!

- Pablo Picasso