Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
A reliable OBEX for professionals — Parallax Forums

A reliable OBEX for professionals

WattEverestWattEverest Posts: 2
edited 2018-03-07 19:02 in Propeller 1
Does any one happen to have a backup of the OBEX?

OBEX is down again.

Possible solutions:

- A full mirror on another server
- A downloadable .zip archive/local version of the repository to fall back on
- Move to github.
- A mail order hard copy printed on fireproof, water resistant paper

Fingers crossed..

Comments

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Does any one happen to have a backup of the OBEX?

I'm quite embarrassed at work today, as the OBEX is down again. (with great effort) I've got my workplace interested in the Parallax Propeller and for the second time since the fall the OBEX (the major development resource) is down and I have to tell my boss that I'm not able to proceed with my work for now.
    Parallax is better than this.

Possible solutions:

- A full mirror on another server managed by an alternate IT team.
    - A downloadable .zip archive/local version of the repository to fall back on
    - Move to github.
    - A mail order hard copy printed on fireproof, water resistant paper

Fingers crossed..

I have copies of most if not all of the objects in the OBEX in separate function folders such as ADC-DAC, Audio, BT-WiFi,....Video.

Happy to zip them up and post or share them.
  • Wow, that would be so great thank you!

Your ADC-DAC, folder as well as anything around signal processing would be very use full.

• The Obex site is online again and will remain there for the foreseeable future. The server is back to it's original configuration and can be accessed at http://obex.parallax.com.
    Here is the ADC-DAC folder. Not sure you need it now that the OBEX is back up. Could not post a tar ball with all of them as it was too big at 58+MB. Could post them individually (12 more) if desired.
    Here is the frequency meter object I have.
  • For reference, my archive of the Obex can be found here: https://david.zemon.name/downloads/complete_obex.zip timestamp for the file reads 2017-07-29 13:01 (13:01 is UTC-6).