Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Python Servo Library — Parallax Forums

Python Servo Library

I have purchased three Parallax Feedback 360° High-Speed Servos to create a three axis gimbal. The only example code for these servos is in C, however the product guide says that a python library is coming soon. When will this be available, and until then how can I interface with these servos using python?

Comments

• Here's a spin/PASM driver. It can do up to four feedback servos in a single cog. obex.parallax.com/object/869
  • roark wrote: »
    I have purchased three Parallax Feedback 360° High-Speed Servos to create a three axis gimbal. The only example code for these servos is in C, however the product guide says that a python library is coming soon. When will this be available, and until then how can I interface with these servos using python?

Do you have a link to that Product Guide? I don't see any mention of Python library in the Guide supplied by Parallax....
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    @roark - just checked the product guide. I am with DaveJenson - I cannot find the reference to a python library either.

Any idea where you saw that?
  • I've searched the parallax documentation and can't find the reference to the python library. I swear there was reference to embedding the example c code provided into a python library, possibly on github. I don't need to use python, however I don't believe the driver suggested by tomcrawford will function on the intel edison board I am using for this project. If so, how would I implement it?
  • roark wrote: »
    I don't believe the driver suggested by tomcrawford will function on the intel edison board I am using for this project. If so, how would I implement it?

Absolutely won't work on intel edison. It is written in PASM, the native propellor assembler. Sorry.

• The only reference I found was on adafruit's site (https://www.adafruit.com/product/3614), where it mentions circuitpython.
    roark wrote: »
    I've searched the parallax documentation and can't find the reference to the python library. I swear there was reference to embedding the example c code provided into a python library, possibly on github. I don't need to use python, however I don't believe the driver suggested by tomcrawford will function on the intel edison board I am using for this project. If so, how would I implement it?

You are correct about the provided driver. That code targets the Propeller. If you are targeting the Edison Development Board for Arduino, consider using the Arduino driver mentioned at the link above. Note that this will not handle the feedback for you. You will have to handle that yourself. You should be able to use a good portion of the parallax-provided code to do the calculations.