Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Einstein: For the Roboticist who has Everything — Parallax Forums

Einstein: For the Roboticist who has Everything

ercoerco Posts: 20,244
From Hanson Robotics...

Comments

• Wow! Truly AWFUL voice quality. Listen to the video and close your eyes, so you're not tempted to read the subtitles. I can make out maybe 50% of the words.

At one point, Einey says something about "...and that's where wind comes from." I couldn't make out the first part, so I guess he's talking about indigestion.
  • Cold air displaces hot air?

The voice sounds nothing like their KS video. I'd love to see a teardown. I'm not much for humanoids, but they sure do seem popular.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Somewhere I read "walking and talking" but I see no ambulation.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Gack. That history.com links starts playing audio when you visit.

Not only that, if I hit the audio mute button in my Win 10 panel it un-mutes it again after a few seconds! WTF?

Never seen (heard) that happen before.
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Heater. wrote: »

Not only that, if I hit the audio mute button in my Win 10 panel it un-mutes it again after a few seconds! WTF?

Yep, quite annoying. Hope it doesn't become commonplace.
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    Heater. wrote: »

Oh heater!

You of all people should know that anyone who thinks they own their Windows Computer is not a real user :)

Windows has been a progression of GUI OS versions that successively tried to take any, and all control, away from its' user. Windows 10 has been the biggest success by MS thus far. It's almost impossible to stop it phoning home and reporting. Same to stop it updating, even if only to prevent an update at the worst time.

eg My wife lost a few hours work last week when W10 decided to start an update without warning, despite their IT guy implementing all known options to prevent updates without requesting user permission.

And it would be remiss of me to fail to mention the hardware control, requested by the NSA, and implemented by Intel, that owns control of "your" hardware with its' IME. It's been revealed that this is on all Intel '86 microprocessor chips, and has been for the about the last 15+ years. It has recently been revealed that this opens up a major security issue for anyone with physical access to your PC. This is going to cost companies many $$$$$$ to just understand the implications of this, let alone any action they need to take.

<end of OT rant>
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Adblock Plus rules.

Video won't play! :)