Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Finish Your Projects before Sept 23 - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Finish Your Projects before Sept 23

2»

Comments

• There is already "proof" that the world doesn't end on the 23rd:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

Since he came back from the year 2036, the Earth must still be around then.

Note: I don't believe in any of this cr*p. Humorous intent only.
  • Is someone sending a calendar request or do I have to enter this manually!?
  • MikeDYurMikeDYur Posts: 2,176
    edited 2017-09-06 21:54
    Not to scare anyone:

I haven't finished watching it myself.
  • Looks like an equatorial hurricane factory.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    @Mike: The speaker in your video, John Moore, owns a lot of useless land in the Arkansas-Missouri Ozarks. :)

(BTW, he talks about the A-M Ozarks as a safe haven from rising ocean levels at 15:00)

What's with the laugh track at 16:30? That's as far as I could watch.
  • erco wrote: »
    @Mike: The speaker in your video, John Moore, owns a lot of useless land in the Arkansas-Missouri Ozarks. :)

(BTW, he talks about the A-M Ozarks as a safe haven from rising ocean levels at 15:00)

What's with the laugh track at 16:30? That's as far as I could watch.

I noticed it turned in to a commercial at a certain point, and there was a sudden out-burst of lafter, as a response to the speaker that didn't warrent such a reaction from an audience. I kind of got the feeling this was a sales pitch.

But the global warming thing is real, look out your window and see what abnormal weather conditions have made you susceptible to. You haven't meantioned the hills in flames.
  • MikeDYurMikeDYur Posts: 2,176
    edited 2017-09-07 14:21
    There sure has been a lot of attention played to closed down WM's.

You just get a gut feeling there is some funny stuff going on.

BTW: I don't think anything of the fenced-in areas, that's just normal for Walmart, it cuts down on after hour shopping.

WARNING: Contains some objectionable language.

• Strange days mailings.. .
    670 x 295 - 287K
  • ErNa wrote: »
    Maybe this date is not meant to see an extraterrestrial impact, but a local event? Prophecies often are ambiguous. Today the robots are mainly done from plastics, it may happen that they are allowed only to be made from iron, aluminum and steel by american work force after this date? Are there any provisions to survive this date? A new product line? Maybe a robot chassis carved from coal? How far have we come!

What robots are made of plastic? I am responsible for literally hundreds of robots. they are all made of very heavy metal castings, with electronics in tough steel cabinets. Typical handling weights of 40 Kg and above!

I have seen robots assembling robots. THAT was scary.

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    My wife is scheduled for a double knee replacement on Sept 18th.

Do you think we should reschedule for after 23rd ???
    Then if the world ends on 23rd, she wouldn't have needed to suffer the surgery and resultant pain for the 5 days. ;););)
    Even if Nibiru misses us, there are these mysterious signals from space... "to Serve Man"...! Keep your tin foil hats handy!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5565149168001/?#sp=show-clips
  • ErNaErNa Posts: 1,738
    [quote="rabaggett;1419737"
    What robots are made of plastic? I am responsible for literally hundreds of robots. they are all made of very heavy metal castings, with electronics in tough steel cabinets. Typical handling weights of 40 Kg and above!

[/quote] The robots of the future. Not simple plastics, but high tech composites. My message was: the future will not be based on old fashioned materials, but on new technologies that save the environment. And I hope that Parallax continues to educate people all over the world to help save our planet, because those, linked to the past will continue to destroy, by ignorance, what our anchestors created by hard work.
    By the way: if a nation believes in progress and increasing productivity, say 5% a year, it is easy to calculate, at what time a single individual can produce everthing needed by all the others. If only 3% it will just take a little longer. But it will be longer than the residual lifespan of an 71 y old individual, that can not look into the future.

• Smile like this always happens at the most inappropriate times.
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    D-Day - 9 !
    kwinn wrote: »
    D-Day - 9 !

Better kick it up a notch, Kidz. Party like it's 1999!

Phew! I guess we dodged a bullet (and Nibiru) on that one.

When's the next doomsday scheduled?
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    So we did. At least I didn't notice anything bad happen.

Mind you out here in the Finnish forest, 500 miles from civilization and immersed in fog, it's hard to tell if the rest of the world is still there or not.

Is anyone out there?

• Heater. wrote: »
    So we did. At least I didn't notice anything bad happen.

Mind you out here in the Finnish forest, 500 miles from civilization and immersed in fog, it's hard to tell if the rest of the world is still there or not.

Is anyone out there?
    Yup, we're still here and we're not going anywhere until we get our P2 chips!

• TorTor Posts: 2,010
    60m visibility in the fog this morning.. maybe it's global?
  • ErNa wrote: »
    [quote="rabaggett;1419737"

The robots of the future. Not simple plastics, but high tech composites. My message was: the future will not be based on old fashioned materials, but on new technologies that save the environment. And I hope that Parallax continues to educate people all over the world to help save our planet, because those, linked to the past will continue to destroy, by ignorance, what our anchestors created by hard work.
    By the way: if a nation believes in progress and increasing productivity, say 5% a year, it is easy to calculate, at what time a single individual can produce everthing needed by all the others. If only 3% it will just take a little longer. But it will be longer than the residual lifespan of an 71 y old individual, that can not look into the future.

[/quote]

Mike
    rabaggett wrote: »
    What robots are made of plastic?

Most of them!

lovely-dancing-robots-disco-robot-toy-bright.jpg
  • erco wrote: »
    Phew! I guess we dodged a bullet (and Nibiru) on that one.

I think it deserves a hashtag: #notmyapocalypse
    Phew, now we have until October 15 to finish our projects. I'll just plan to eat my own Halloween candy early. Satisfied?

http://www.newsweek.com/doomsday-conspiracy-theory-david-meade-apocalypse-october-670253
  • My subscription to PhotoShop expires on the 22nd, and Netflix a week after. I'll need to remember to cancel these so I don't keep getting rebilled while I'm being judged.

Come to think of it, stealth automatic rebilling IS the Tribulation. Revelations 16:15.
    Autopay... the devil's in the details!