Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Will we have chipmas this year? — Parallax Forums

Will we have chipmas this year?

Hi,

I'm aware that this was asked again and again (by other members). It is good to know that the Verilog design is now pretty much locked (sort of), and that the analog parts is pretty much a given. However, I assume that there is much work to do.

So, when will be the P2 released to the market? I surely would by one, even if it cost me an arm and a leg. Will we have chipmas this year?

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço

Comments

• samuell wrote: »
    Hi,
    Will we have chipmas this year?

No.
  • The plan is to do another analog test chip before proceeding with synthesis and fabbing the full P2 chip. So there may be another test chip by Xmas, but there won't be a P2. Maybe next year.
  • Thanks!
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    I coined the phrase "Chipmas Day" back in August 2012. Seems like only yesterday.

http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/comment/1122241/#Comment_1122241

But the point was: "I have moved my Christmas Day to whichever day I have the first Prop II in my hands. Whilst I'm at it I'll rename it to Chipmas Day:)"

So, Chipmas Day is whenever Chipmas Day is ! :)
  • WossnameWossname Posts: 174
    edited 2017-06-28 20:02
    The release of the Prop 2 will coincide with the first recorded instance of Satan wanting to sell his own soul to a mortal. He'll probably still moan about the documentation though.

Jeese, people who moan about documentation... am I right?! Hah.

• samuellsamuell Posts: 554
    edited 2017-06-29 09:54
    Heater. wrote: »
    I coined the phrase "Chipmas Day" back in August 2012. Seems like only yesterday.

http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/comment/1122241/#Comment_1122241

But the point was: "I have moved my Christmas Day to whichever day I have the first Prop II in my hands. Whilst I'm at it I'll rename it to Chipmas Day:)"

So, Chipmas Day is whenever Chipmas Day is ! :)
    Hi Heater,

I was aware that the term was coined somewhere here, but didn't remembered who did it.

Thanks for clarifying that! :)

Kind regards, Samuel Lourenço
  • Do we have an approximation of when Chipmas will be? Maybe late Spring 2018?

--Terry
  • Heater,

Sometimes your a royal pain in the butt but you have your moments when you come up with quirky things such as "ChipMas". :)
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    We now have a TV ad where they are using xxxMas in similar fashion. I will have to pay attention next time and see what the xxxMas is.

Heater, did you do an ad for us Ozzies, or are they using your TM ?
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    A quick google tells me you may not want to go anywhere near xxxMas.