Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Finally, a USEFUL robot — Parallax Forums

Finally, a USEFUL robot

Comments

• You know, this could actually be a killer app for P2. Not specifically coolers, but follow-me robots (whether it's coolers, toolboxes, shopping carts, etc.) in general. This seems like an obvious(?) entry into the personal robot market (which is still largely non-existent, despite everyone knowing what it is). I suspect the largest hurdle is... well, knowing how to get over hurdles (and curbs and uneven ground, and mud puddles and...).

Time to get to work, everyone! (I "primed the pump", so I can now sit back and wait for the rest of you to actually get it done.)
  • Sweet, I like how they show it hit a fence. Honesty is great, I guess they aren't selling anything, though.

Parallax PAM-7Q GPS Module in the BOM, I wonder if they're on this forum.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,250
    Way ahead of you guys.
  • I can not really believe that the robot follows by comparing his own GPS coordinates with the ones of the phone. I spend weeks of experimenting with different GPS receivers to set up some home-made differential GPS, and the precision is just not there. @Phil also tried it and had also quite disappointing results.

Running against the fence at the gate would be already quite nice, my experience is that the coordinates differ about 10-20 feet in each direction. Even with two identical GPS chips, not one from Parallax and one in the Cell-Phone.

something wrong here

Mike