Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Thanks! — Parallax Forums

Thanks!

Hey All...
I've asked a lot of questions on the forums and some of them have been pretty rookie... BUT, I've learned a lot about robotics specifically and electronics in general. Just want to express my thanks to Parallax for providing this corner of the web for like minds to gather and to those same like minds to share their experiences and knowledge for the benefit of those who wander by!

Thanks to all!

@

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    You're the coolest, Amanda!
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    erco wrote: »
    You're the coolest, Amanda!

+1
    Amanda:

Of course, the BEST way to show thanks is to upload a video of a new robot doing the figure 8 challenge!

:):):)
  • ajward wrote: »
    Hey All...
    I've asked a lot of questions on the forums and some of them have been pretty rookie... BUT, I've learned a lot about robotics specifically and electronics in general. Just want to express my thanks to Parallax for providing this corner of the web for like minds to gather and to those same like minds to share their experiences and knowledge for the benefit of those who wander by!

Thanks to all!

@

I second that emotion.

This is my favourite forum. Many contributors here that I would love to have a beer with. :nerd:
    Mickster wrote: »
    Many contributors here that I would love to have a beer with. :nerd:

I wonder if somewhere on the web, there's a beer discussion group saying, "Many contributors here that I would love to code with."

• erco wrote: »
    I wonder if somewhere on the web, there's a beer discussion group saying, "Many contributors here that I would love to code with."

In an infinite universe, you know there is such a group.... :D
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Mickster,
    This is my favourite forum. Many contributors here that I would love to have a beer with.
    I'd love to take you up on that idea. Where are you?

As much as I love beer, too much perhaps, I don't want to hang out on a beer forum.

Bars should have huge screens displaying source code, instead of football or icehocky, then we could drink beer and discuss each others code.

• Bar programming, a legitimate reason for everything to Spin.

1259 x 900 - 241K
  • kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Also gives a new meaning to the term bar coding.
  • idbruceidbruce Posts: 6,197
    edited 2017-04-20 06:29
    I have given up on drinking, but if they opened up a couple of bars for programmers, with huge flat screens that displayed computer code, I might have to take it back up :)

Fantastic Idea :)

Nice pic xanadu
    A bar for programmer nerds. It's a great idea.

We could call it "The Bar Code"

Cheers.
  • Heater. wrote: »
    A bar for programmer nerds. It's a great idea.

We could call it "The Bar Code"

Cheers.

+1
    The Bar Code.

The place to GOTO.
  • TorTor Posts: 2,010
    Greatest idea this century so far.
    Of course The Bar Code will not have any windows and won't serve wine.

Perhaps I should stop now...
  • TorTor Posts: 2,010
    It could serve free beer, although not necessarily free as in beer.

Bars should have huge screens displaying source code, instead of football or icehocky, then we could drink beer and discuss each others code.
    Wow. Multiple screens/categories with people lined up to gain access to the keyboard terminals. I'd be there.
    "Last call!" :smile:
  • idbruceidbruce Posts: 6,197
    edited 2017-04-20 14:17
    Sounds like Heater needs some financing :)

It sure would be nice if you could Kickstart this idea. I bet there would be quite a few investors.

Of course Chicago would need one of those many locations :)
  • This is not quite what you want, but it caught my eye at the time.
    930 x 1252 - 194K
    Mickster,
    This is my favourite forum. Many contributors here that I would love to have a beer with.
    I'd love to take you up on that idea. Where are you?

As much as I love beer, too much perhaps, I don't want to hang out on a beer forum.

That would be awesome!

Actually in Ironbridge, Shropshire, right now. Staying at "Ye Olde Robin Hood" pub/B&B. Drinking Black Country Mild. Got the laptop out but not being too productive because the barmaid is a stunner...
  • Wow, that was weird, my post was truncated.
    The Bar Code.

The place to GOTO.
    Make many of The Bar Codes, we could go PUB to PUB.... and REPEAT....
    Brilliant IDE..
    The Bar Code might be a bit like the Hotel California. You can CALL in but you can never RETURN.

Bar staff required.

Must be proficient in C, Spin, Forth, BASIC, assembler, Verilog. Other programming languages an advantage.

Must know how to solder and the basics of digital logic, networking, video, robotics.

Linux skills essential.

Also general bar duties.

The Bar Code might be a bit like the Hotel California. You can CALL in but you can never RETURN.
    Perhaps I should stop now...

Naw, just keep going. :)

Mickster,

Wow, Ironbridge. I've had some great times there and there abouts. Many years ago.

Wish I could join you.

Have you had a close look at how that bridge is constructed. The first iron bridge in the world but it's built using techniques from carpentry.

Mickster,

Wow, Ironbridge. I've had some great times there and there abouts. Many years ago.

Wish I could join you.

Have you had a close look at how that bridge is constructed. The first iron bridge in the world but it's built using techniques from carpentry.

Boy, is my face RED!!!

For a few days, now, I have been sitting outside Ye Olde Robin Hood, staring at this bridge and wondering what all the fuss was about....today, I'm looking at this thing thinking "it's a suspension bridge, what carpentry techniques?". One of the local old-boys comes outside for a smoke so I finally asked "what's the big deal with this Iron Bridge?". He replied "Nuthin,....t'ain't iron and t'ain't Iron Bridge....that's 15 minutes down river" DOH!
    edited 2017-04-21 17:55
    I mean this Iron Bridge:

1920px-Ironbridge002.JPG

Last time I was at Iron Bridge it way May Day or some such. On the bridge there was a bunch of guys dresses up as big, fat, technicolor, feathery chickens, with faces painted black, doing some Morris dancing.

Decades later I find this still goes on:

Weird stuff.