Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Georgia Tech Robotics Lectures — Parallax Forums

Georgia Tech Robotics Lectures

ercoerco Posts: 20,244
A few good principles spread over several lectures. Let's start at the end!

Comments

• erco, this group uses about 300+ S2s each semester as part of their courses. There must be more lecture material, especially involving the Fluke. Can you find it too? :)
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    edited 2017-04-10 11:20
    Molto interessante. I found Khepera pretty quick.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khepera_mobile_robot

• Georgia Tech has one of the more impressive robotics courses. It's all the better because it's a public school, making it more accessible than some of the other biggies, such as Standord or CMU (these are great schools too, of course). There's a new push to put lectures from the top universities on the Web. Hopefully you can find more of this stuff.
    It's a great school, I almost went to Georgia Tech on a Naval ROTC scholarship. Of course there were no robotics courses back then in the Cambrian period. Thus I went to Virginia Tech instead, which currently also has a great robotics program.

I still want to know how Dennis Hong took the RoMeLa lab from VA Tech when he moved out here to UCLA. I met him at the DARPA Urban Challenge in 2007 and we swapped several emails while he was still at VA Tech. He hasn't replied to emails since he moved to UCLA, but Mr. Roboto doesn't given up easily.
  • RoMeLa has a nearly 1 in 5 female:male ratio. Impressive! But really, they need to work on getting that to at least 40:60. Outreach, man, outreach.

Mr. Roboto's fame and influence could help here.
    RoMeLa has a nearly 1 in 5 female:male ratio. Impressive! But really, they need to work on getting that to at least 40:60. Outreach, man, outreach.

Mr. Roboto's fame and influence could help here.

Ha, that reminds me, the GA Tech Naval scholarship would have put me on a nuclear sub, where the boy-girl ratio is considerably lower...

In which case my career path would have taken me in a very different direction and I probably wouldn't be Mr. Roboto or even erco here in the forums.

• Well, they allow females to serve on nuclear subs now. First time they tried it was on an old diesel (as documented in Down Periscope). Worked OK.
  • I think you're forgetting "Operation Petticoat". Women on a diesel submarine, and the submarine was PINK.