Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Download Failed on Propeller Board (Windows 8.1) — Parallax Forums

Download Failed on Propeller Board (Windows 8.1)

InfiniteRegressInfiniteRegress Posts: 3
edited 2017-04-10 16:24 in Propeller 2
Hi,

Downloading Programs to my Propeller Demo Board (2008, Revision G) with the Propeller IDE (Version 0.33.3) does not work. The IDE responds with "Download Failed".

Here is what I tried so far:

1. Prior to connecting the board to my computer, I installed the Parallax Drivers (www.parallax.com/usbdrivers). I connected the board and Windows installed the FTDI Driver (Version 2.12.24.0, Date 28.09.2016 ; apparently, not the Parallax Drivers. Subsequently, Windows created a COM4 Port and the device appeared as "FT232R USB UART" in "Devices and Printers".

2. In the IDE, after selecting COM4, I started the download, I saw the blue TXLED on my board flashing up once, and the error "Download Failed" was reported.

3. I changed the Serial USB drivers to "Propeller Demo Brd". I restarted, re-connected the board, again COM4 Port was created, with the Parallax signed driver (Version 2.12.16.0). Again, the download failed with the blue LED flashing up once.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Edit:

Do I have to change the port settings for the driver? Currently, it is configured with 9600 bits per second, 8 Data Bits, No Partiy, 1 Stop bit and no flow control.

Comments