Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Woman’s Headphones Explode During Flight — Parallax Forums

Woman’s Headphones Explode During Flight

nbcnews.com/news/world/woman-s-headphones-explode-during-flight-china-australia-n733836

Headphone%20boom.jpg
An assessment of the incident by the ATSB found that batteries were likely the cause of the fire. The brand of headphones was not released. In a comment posted on its Facebook, the ATSB suggested lithium-ion batteries, which have a history of catching fire, were behind the explosion.

Comments

• Scary, and confusing. Has batteries, doesn't have batteries, how many people does it take to figure that out?

• Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    Obviously has batteries. Good old fashioned headphones do not explode or burst into flames.

Unless they are playing Bach too loud! :)

And I was about to buy some Sennheiser Bluetooth head phones....

• ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Wow, talk about playing with fire! I heard the caller was on hold with Parallax's help line, listening to Bach's invention no. 14 in B flat major, BMV 785.
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    Explode? No, they caught fire, or combusted. Do people even know what "explode" means? It seems that these days if something happens unexpectedly involving fire it is called an explosion.
  • Check out this lithium car battery fire - pretty intense...

• TorTor Posts: 2,010
    edited 2017-03-17 08:26
    I suspect that rechargeables were used. I've never heard about lithium batteries, the non-chargeable ones, catching fire. I'm not worried about the AAA Lithium battery I use in my QC25 headset.