Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P12 Servo port not working (read More) — Parallax Forums

P12 Servo port not working (read More)

The left servo on the Activity Bot doesn't seem to work, i thought maybe it was the servo itself, but when i swapped the right servo cable to the left, and the left to the right. The left servo worked, and the right didn't. This leaves me to believe P12 servo port isn't functioning. Is there a quick fix for this, or will the mother board have to be replaced ?

Comments

• MLBGYT wrote: »
    The left servo on the Activity Bot doesn't seem to work, i thought maybe it was the servo itself, but when i swapped the right servo cable to the left, and the left to the right. The left servo worked, and the right didn't. This leaves me to believe P12 servo port isn't functioning. Is there a quick fix for this, or will the mother board have to be replaced ?

Welcome to the forums!

You are using P12 and P13 for servos?

Encoder cables plugged in? Resistors on the encoder cables?

• It's possible for a single I/O pin to be damaged but there are lots of ways software could interfere with the pin working as expected.

If you post the code you're using to test the I/O pin we could see if there's a software problem.

Posting a picture of how things are connected to the board would be helpful in identifying wiring problems. P12 can be accessed from both the servo headers and the headers next to the breadboard. Do you have anything connected to P12 on the headers?