Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Development board — Parallax Forums

Development board

I want to make a development board for the BS2. I want the board to be a discrete solution with a socketed EEPROM that I can program, remove and install in my production board. I found the OEM BS2 - Rev A bill of materials and at least one component (TC54VC4302EZB) is no longer available.

Can someone please send me a schematic and current BOM so I can design/build a development board?
By the way it would be sure nice to have a USB port on the board rather than an RS-232 which I can to convert to USB.

Thanks, Bob

Comments

• jmgjmg Posts: 15,144
    rlappin wrote: »
    I want to make a development board for the BS2. I want the board to be a discrete solution with a socketed EEPROM that I can program, remove and install in my production board. I found the OEM BS2 - Rev A bill of materials and at least one component (TC54VC4302EZB) is no longer available.

Microchip direct seems to show stock of TC54VC4302EZB ?
    rlappin wrote: »
    By the way it would be sure nice to have a USB port on the board rather than an RS-232 which I can to convert to USB.

You could look at the CP2102N-MINIEK if you want a DIP module, already SMD mounted, or the CP2102N + parts, if you want a PCB volume solution for USB-UART.

• TC54VC4302EZB

Newark shows 1477 in stock:
    Newark

Avnet shows 450 in stock.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    I believe that's the brownout detector, which is really important if you're using a battery or have a slow rise/fall power supply. Otherwise you could safely omit it.

Chris Savage | Engineering Tech | Main Office: (916) 624-8333 | Direct to Tech Support: (888) 997-8267 | www.parallax.com

Visit our forums at http://forums.parallax.com