Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Run With Terminal Error — Parallax Forums

Run With Terminal Error

Hello,

I am using the ActivityBot and I tested the encoders and they lit up fine. Then I calibrated my bot and it went fine too. Now when I went to see the interpolation table, I ran the code through the terminal and got an error when verifying RAM.
Verifying RAM ... Timeout Error!
error: load failed

Timeout Error!

Not sure what is happening but any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

Comments

• What platform are you running on and which tool and version are you using to compile the code.

Also, performing a search for the error you posted, I found the following:
    forums.parallax.com/discussion/163210/timeout-error
  • I'm running the latest Mac OS and the latest SimpleIDE. I saw that post as well but here's something else that's happening too.

When I tried to run the Go Forward Turn Right program my bot just spun in circles like it was trying to calibrate again. The same thing happened when I ran the example to make it go straight. It just keeps spinning in circles. Maybe it's the EEPROM but I'm not that educated yet to be sure
  • The spinning in circles behaviour indicates that your calibration program might not have completed successfully.

Try inserting new, fresh batteries, reloading the calibration program, and letting it run. Be absolutely sure that the robot stops spinning and the P26, P27 lights turn off before you power off your robot and reconnect it to the computer.
  • The spinning in circles behaviour indicates that your calibration program might not have completed successfully.

Try inserting new, fresh batteries, reloading the calibration program, and letting it run. Be absolutely sure that the robot stops spinning and the P26, P27 lights turn off before you power off your robot and reconnect it to the computer.

Thanks, Courtney that worked for me. I thought I checked every issue but of course, I forgot about the batteries lol!

• Courtney JacobsCourtney Jacobs Posts: 903
    edited 2017-01-10 17:08
    I am glad the robot's strange behaviour was resolved so easily.

You might see issues start arising once your robot's supply voltage drops below ~7 volts, and the calibration program always needs to be run on brand new batteries.

Good luck, and let us know if you run into any additional problems.